Windows 10: How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Discus and support How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far: 1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jonny1010101010, Jun 1, 2018.

1. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

:)

Jonny1010101010, Jun 1, 2018
  2. gamerk2 Win User

HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Jun 12, 2018
  3. intelduo Win User
    Nokia N9 HDR mode

Is there any chance N9 gets HDR mode in camera? How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode :)

intelduo, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

1. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode - Similar Threads - disable HDR toggle

2. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  3. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR: Hello,I appreciate any help I can get on this.1. New monitor ASUS VGA1 series2. Windows 10 older graphics card NVIDIA GEForce 10603. Upon initial boot using new monitor, signon successful, windows fine4. Used 'display settings' and enabled HDR.5. Display went blank6. Upon...
  4. Enabled HDR Display goes blank caanot disable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDR Not Being Recognized by Windows 10 Despite TV Being 4K HDR Compatible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR Not Being Recognized by Windows 10 Despite TV Being 4K HDR Compatible: Hi There, I'm writing because I have a TCL 4k HDR TV that I am trying to set up as a monitor for gaming and for work. I'd like to enable HDR on Windows, but when I go to the settings it literally just says the TV is not supporting any of the features listed and it isn't...
  6. HDR button is disabled but hdr is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR button is disabled but hdr is on: [ATTACH] hello, how can i disable permanently hdr from windows? it turns on every time i fire up call of duty. I have a freesync2 monitor, this is a problem only when i select "extended" from freesync monitor option, if i select "standard" there are no problem, but...
  7. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?: I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this...
  8. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  9. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  10. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: My original thread went ignored here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-toggle-to-yes-for-hdr-on-apps-and-games/5a07b600-70b2-4931-85b5-67aceca64d11 I don't know how to switch questions over so this is the best I can do :(...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows turn off hdr from safe mode

2. disable hdr safe mode

3. how to disable hdr windows 10

4. how to desable hdr mode,
  5. safe mode disable hdr,
  6. Windows 10 safe mode disable hdr,
  7. windows 10 other windows disable hdr on another screen,
  8. SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode distorting the colors.  If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.,
  9. how to disable hdr in safe mode