Windows 10: How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a simple, generic keyboard that has Power / Sleep / Wake Up buttons right above Print Screen / Scroll Lock / Pause. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vox, Mar 16, 2016.

1. VOX
    Vox Win User

How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10?

Hi there,

I have a simple, generic keyboard that has Power / Sleep / Wake Up buttons right above Print Screen / Scroll Lock / Pause.

I want to disable them because I always shut down my computer accidentally and lose all my work.

All solutions I found are for windows 7 and are about tweaking in the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings, where I can edit Advanced Power Settings.

However, that's the wrong thing to do because the "Power button and lid" section is not only for keyboard, it disables the computer case buttons as well which I normally use to shut down the PC.

Can you help me how can I disable those keyboard buttons in Win10?

:)

2. No power management in Device Manager (Windows 10)

Hi

I'm trying to disable my keyboard from waking my laptop from sleep. I disabled my mouse (I just want to use power button to wake my laptop from sleep). I went to device manager but unfortunately, there is no "power management"option!

In my second laptop, also running on Win 10, I have this option but here it does not exist.

Where did it go? How do I disable keyboard from waking my laptop from sleep?

Thank you

Matti

MarcinMendon, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Blahbio Win User
    Touchscreen switches on

"Bashes head against keyboard at the sheer ignorance of Microsoft Support Engineers" Did you even read my problem? I know how to do that... I didn't ask for instructions on how to set my power button to turn off my tablet. Obviously, Microsoft Software
    Engineers don't have Android or Apple smartphones or tablets, so I will explain... If you quick press the power button on a non-windows smartphone or tablet, it turns off the screen and disables the touchscreen so you can handle the device without the screen
    coming back on, and you turn the screen back on by pressing the power button again. However, if you set a Windows 10 tablet to turn off the screen by pressing the power button, then touching the screen turns it back on. I don't want this. I'm assuming that
    this is a limitation of that function. What I want is, either a workaround to disable the touch screen when the screen is switched off, or a way to let the Windows 10 Software team know that they need to implement this in a future update.

Blahbio, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10?

1. How to disable keyboard's Power button in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable keyboard's Power

2. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  3. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  4. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Laptop Keyboard on Windows 10: In order to make laptops lighter and easy to carry, manufacturers have made the keyboards smaller in them. This has made typing difficult on the laptops as compared to on the desktop with external keyboards. Now, if you want to disable the laptop keyboard and put an external...
  5. Keyboard power button disabling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard power button disabling: I need a clarification:My desktop's mechanical keyboard has the classic dangerous "power" button, which after X PCs the last 35 years I pressed for the 1st time in my life accidentally 2 times the last days, resulting in annoyance the 1st time and work loss the 2nd. Trying to...
  6. How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?: After a Windows 10 update, my malfunctioning keyboard came back online and has been holding down the right arrow key periodically. This keyboard is the built-in laptop keyboard. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, but it automatically reinstalls it upon restart. I have...
  7. How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?

How to Lock windows 10 laptop with power button?: I set the power button to turn off display but it doesn't lock the screen or require pin. I wanna keep things running in the background but still doesn't want other people to access my laptop by moving the mouse or pressing any key....
  8. How to completely disable Slide To Shutdown function or HW Power button?

How to completely disable Slide To Shutdown function or HW Power button?: About the situation: I've bought a tablet/laptop windows 10 combo device. The problem is that power button kinda broke spring inside of it broke ant kinda always pressed by gravity. The thing is that that button actualy works kinda the same as it would work on a android...
  9. Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working: I had my windows 10 dell laptop repaired 3 weeks ago and everything was working perfectly whole laptop was reset and today the keyboard stopped working, the screen froze, the mouse froze and when i tried to turn it off, the power button done nothing forcing me to have to wait...
  10. Disable Show touch keyboard button

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Show touch keyboard button: Howdy, Right click on desktop toolbar, 4th item from top is "Show touch keyboard button". How can I disable "gray out" this one using registry tweak? Thanks BTW :) 114705

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable power button on keyboard windows 10

2. windows 10 disable keyboard power button