Windows 10: How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860?

Discus and support How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is my first post here so I hope that I'm not posting this in the wrong place or otherwise doing something wrong, if I'm doing something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SanyaIV, Oct 21, 2014.

1. SanyaIV Win User

How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860?

Hello,

This is my first post here so I hope that I'm not posting this in the wrong place or otherwise doing something wrong, if I'm doing something wrong then I apologize in advance.

So I just updated to Windows 10 TP 9860 and I realized that I now had the sticky edges back again, so 90% of the time I try to get to the other monitor I just get stuck due to my generally low DPI and sensitivity and the sticky edges.

I just can't figure out how to disable the sticky edges in Windows 10? I followed the instructions in this post by Brink but it doesn't seem to work even after reboot.

It seems to work intermittently? I mean, suddenly I have no sticky edges for some time then suddenly I do, most of the time the sticky edges are there.

Any ideas? Is this perhaps just a bug in the 9860 build or is there a new registry key somewhere that has to be changed?

Regards,
    Sanya IV Litvyak

:)

SanyaIV, Oct 21, 2014
  2. sambul72 Win User

Desktop shortcuts in Edge browser

Please suggest how to open a certain webpage from desktop shortcut in MS Edge new window? All shortcut adding techniques I tried open the desired webpage in a new Edge Tab instead of new window, if Edge was previously open before the shortcut is clicked.
    Opening a shortcut in a new window is very important in a multi-monitor setup, where different websites are open in Edge on different monitors.

sambul72, Oct 21, 2014
  3. The Eluded yet simple question...

Tell me why no Microsoft Technichian knows how to modify Windows Location and Size Cache to enable Edge to open on a 3rd or 4th screen in a multi-monitor work station??? HMMM???-Bitchesse

Bitchesse Shaileh Lexa Carver, Oct 21, 2014
  4. SanyaIV Win User

Found something that worked, had to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\EdgeUi and create DWORD MouseMonitorEscapeSpeed and set it to 1 - that didn't completely remove it but now I can move the mouse much much slower before it gets stuck, good enough for me to be honest, I actually like the stickyness when it's at this "level", before it was just too aggressive.

SanyaIV, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    Good information for someone who is willing to edit the registry.

My system is doing the same thing, but should not be since the Charms bar no longer flies out when crossing the boundry. This has been reported in feedback so hopefully it will be fixed in later builds if enough folks add their input to that current feedback. The situation is very irritating.

Edit: I do have periods where the mouse does not stick. Possibly after activating all displays or after rebooting. It seems to stay OK until I open a Window. Maybe this is tied in with the ApplicationFrameHost.exe situation on the Nvidia systems.

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable multi-monitor sticky edges in 9860? - Similar Threads - disable multi monitor

2. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  3. Multi-monitors, sticky corners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitors, sticky corners: Hello: I have three monitors, the middle one portrait. I encounter what is described as "sticky corners". I have tried to enter Non-Stick Mouse - http://www.jawfin.net but I get warned by Norton that it is a known dangerous site. So, is it an okay site, or is there any...
  4. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  5. How to adjust multi monitor cursor transition

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust multi monitor cursor transition: Hello ladies and gents of the forum. As the title suggest, I'd like to know how to adjust cursor behavior when transitioning between monitors. I'm just built my first 2 pcs, and am trying to set up monitors for them both. pc1 has 2 1080p monitors at 24 and 27 inches....
  6. Disable sticky corners

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable sticky corners: So I've been trying to google around for a solution to the annoying sticky corners I'm experiencing while on a multi-monitor setup. I have turned off window snapping, but there are still a few pixels at the top and bottom of BOTH monitors (so they are not misaligned and they...
  7. Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky CORNERS. So not edges. How to disable?: Seaching for a solution for weeks now. Extremely annoying corners are catching my mouse cursor. Most of the time if I'm in a big hurry and I need a click on monitor 3 within 2 seconds. It happens at the X on monitor 1 (Close program) and the start-button on monitor 3. The...
  8. How to disable Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Edge: I would like to disable Edge. Everytime I open my computer, Edge opens and displays Bing. I don't want to use Edge or Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/how-to-disable-edge/2a99ad5b-237e-4b20-ad0a-20d731d5ee0a
  9. Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?: Edited: I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480