Windows 10: How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger?

Discus and support How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop makes an annoying beeping noise when plugging in the charger or removing it. In Windows 7/8, if you went to your speaker properties and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by middkid45, Aug 12, 2015.

1. middkid45 Win User

How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger?

My laptop makes an annoying beeping noise when plugging in the charger or removing it.

In Windows 7/8, if you went to your speaker properties and then levels, you could mute PC speaker and that took care of it. Don't see that option anymore.

Cheers!

:)

middkid45, Aug 12, 2015

2. How to disable noise when conecting charger on Windows 10?

Hi Sushil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What noise are you referring to, when connecting a charger?
    • Did you make any changes to the system, prior to this issue?
    • Do you have any external devices connected to the system?

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How to disable noise when conecting charger on Windows 10?

Original title: sound problems

How to disable noise when conecting charger in windows 10?

SushilGhimire, Aug 12, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Control Panel->Device Manager

Have a look under 'System devices' for something like 'System speaker' and disable it.

If you can't see that then have a look for something similar.

5. Ztruker Win User
    Click on the Speaker icon in the System Tray.
    Click on the Speaker icon at far left, that mutes it.
    Click again to un-mute.

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger? [​IMG]

How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 12, 2015
  7. bobjoe Win User
    This is obviously not going to fix the problem.

Do what Nus said. "System Speaker" is what allows your laptop's internal speakers to make noise. This is something from the 56k modem days.

bobjoe, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Why disable it in BIOS when you can disable/enable in Windows? If you don't want any sound, just unplug the speakers unless it's a laptop *Smile

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2015
  9. middkid45 Win User
    Nus: I did find that, but disabling it did not solve my problem.
    Ztruker: That disables ALL sound on my laptop. Not what I want.
    Edwin: Also didn't work.

Any suggestions??

middkid45, Aug 12, 2015
  10. NUS
    Nus Win User
    OK then, do what Edwin said but set the 'Default Beep' sound to none.

11. Ztruker Win User
    Is it a laptop or desktop? If desktop, open the case and disconnect the speaker or run one of the wires out to a toggle switch so you can turn in on or off at will.

Ztruker, Aug 13, 2015
  12. bobjoe Win User
    What kind of question is this...

Do desktops have batteries now? *Rolleyes

bobjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable noise when (dis)connecting charger? - Similar Threads - disable noise dis

2. How to disable noise suppression when an application is using the microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable noise suppression when an application is using the microphone.: Hi,Whenever an application is using my microphone, all the audio that plays gets suppressed and muffled and nearly quiet, there was an option to disable this before, but I just don't know how to disable it.Disabling the options such as Audio Enhancements will make it normal...
  3. Charger port makes a static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charger port makes a static noise: I recently bought a new laptop, it comes standard with Windows 10, had it for 2 days before Windows said I can upgrade to Windows 11.After upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3 gaming charger port stared making static noise even when not plugged in. The volume...
  4. Charger port makes a static noise

Charger port makes a static noise: I recently bought a new laptop, it comes standard with Windows 10, had it for 2 days before Windows said I can upgrade to Windows 11.After upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3 gaming charger port stared making static noise even when not plugged in. The volume...
  5. BSOD when I connect charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I connect charger: Hi all,Lenovo Yoga c930-131KB , Windows 10, 21H1I'm having a lot of random BSODs lately, always with different stop codes. I have tried updating every driver I can find, running scans and troubleshooters, cleaning my cooling fans, and a bunch of other stuff I've seen on...
  6. BSOD when I connect charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I connect charger: Hi all,Lenovo Yoga c930-131KB , Windows 10, 21H1I'm having a lot of random BSODs lately, always with different stop codes. I have tried updating every driver I can find, running scans and troubleshooters, cleaning my cooling fans, and a bunch of other stuff I've seen on...
  7. BSOD when I connect charger

8. audio noise from speakers when charger plugged and connected to dj consolle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio noise from speakers when charger plugged and connected to dj consolle: I have this issue. i just bought my legoin y540-15irh and i use it with my consolle ddj 100 pioneer. when i plug in the charger, the audio speakersexternal audio speakers and also headphones make a noise together with the music. as i plug out the charger it work perfectly....
  9. Play a sound when charger is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play a sound when charger is connected: I want my laptop to play a sound when I connect a charger to it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-sound-when-charger-is-connected/7cb9c938-5531-43d2-873c-904081ca4811
  10. How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable System Beep in Windows 10 on charger connect/disconnect: My Acer nitro 5 laptop makes annoying beep sound upon charger switch on/off. How can i disable it ? I couldn't find it in BIOS settings. The device manager doesn't list any system beep option either that I can switch on or off. I tried the registry method given on the...