Windows 10: how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

Discus and support how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by firechuchu, Apr 23, 2018.

1. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it off and turn it back on, thanks, i know there are a lot of tutorials out there but this is how to disable updates ON startup, since i cannot find a tutorial like that, thanks, oh and please no answers like "just install them" or asking why please because i know all the risks, im good at computers but not that good to get rid of these updates and yes i already tried group policy editor "configure auto updates" and disabling the windows auto update service in task manager, "wuauserv"

:)

firechuchu, Apr 23, 2018

2. How to Disable Automatic Updates on Windows 10 Home (1607)

Option 1:

Set your Internet connection as metered:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manage-windows...

Option 2:

Use Active Hours and Restart options:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/managing-windo...

Option 3:

Use Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update:

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Option 4:

Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Hit Enter

Scroll down to Windows Update

Select it then right click it

Click Properties

Under the General tab, choose Startup type to DIsabled

Click Stop

Click Apply then OK

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to Disable Automatic Updates on Windows 10 Home (1607)

Hi John, to disable Automatic Updates, follow the steps below:

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Apr 23, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

Thema:

how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

1. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates - Similar Threads - disable startup updates

2. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  3. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  4. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  5. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  6. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.: How do i disable auto-restart after windows update forever? I am so sick and tired of comming in to work after the computer has been rendering over the night and everything is just lost because Windows 10 absolutely needs to delete all my unsaved work once a week. So sick and...
  8. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  9. How to DISABLE the perverse Windows 10 auto-update & auto-reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to DISABLE the perverse Windows 10 auto-update & auto-reset: I have lost countless UNSAVED works because some genious in Microsoft decided that it would be a good idea to let Windows 10 automatically update and reset without my authorization while I'm away from my computer! How do I disable this perverse and inconsiderate auto-reset...
  10. how to disable win10 auto update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to disable win10 auto update?: how to disable win10 auto update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-win10-auto-update/650900ee-a7c9-4680-843d-73073c5b2193