Windows 10: How to disable photo search in the start menu?

Discus and support How to disable photo search in the start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nazra7, Oct 4, 2016.

1. nazra7 Win User

How to disable photo search in the start menu?

Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I typed. How do I disable this (the photo results showing up)? I have private photos I don't want other people using my computer to see. I've searched everywhere and I haven't been able to find an answer. Please let me know, and thanks very much in advance.

:)

nazra7, Oct 4, 2016

2. How To Disable Wake-Up Photo - Log-in Photo - Lock Screen Photo - Whatever it's called

How do I disable the feature that puts a photo on my computer when it wakes up? It changes after several starts, and there is an option (Do you like what you see? - Yes, I want more or no, not a fan) Some have been good, but the last couple days they have
    been so off and awful. I just want it to stop. And I will add my own photo, which will be just fine. Thank you!

Journey Bear., Oct 4, 2016
  3. How To Disable Wake-Up Photo - Log-in Photo - Lock Screen Photo - Whatever it's called

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

The images you see in the lock screen is powered by Bing and will keep changing from time to time. In order to change the lock screen image, you can follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Personalization > Lock Screen

3. Under "choose your picture", select a different image or click browse and select a picture of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

How to disable photo search in the start menu?

1. How to disable photo search in the start menu? - Similar Threads - disable photo search

2. How to Disable Search in Start Menu for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Search in Start Menu for Windows 11: Hi everyone,I am trying to disable the feature that allows you to simply start typing in the Windows 11 Start Menu and Windows automatically searches apps, files etc... on your PC.I don't just want to block web searches, I would like to completely remove the feature of being...
  3. How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?: I dont want the web search in the windows start menu. How to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-web-search-in-the-windows-start/482128ff-7b6f-4847-bde9-7d97ca79c1af
  4. How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable web search in the Windows start menu?: I dont want the web search in the windows start menu. How to disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-web-search-in-the-windows-start/482128ff-7b6f-4847-bde9-7d97ca79c1af
  5. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  6. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  7. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  8. How to disable internet search through the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable internet search through the start menu?: I have been searching for an answer and all of the previous ones no longer work. I have the BingSearchEnabled registry key set to 0. I have the CortanaConsent registry key set to 0. Despite this, when I attempt to use the search in the taskbar, it now only does a Bing...
  9. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...
  10. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...