Windows 10: How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60%

Discus and support How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60% in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I leave my computer sit for 10 minutes or longer, the photos-2 and regular photos apps start running. I come back and find my cpu cranking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CannonRebel, Dec 3, 2017.

1. How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60%

Every time I leave my computer sit for 10 minutes or longer, the photos-2 and regular photos apps start running. I come back and find my cpu cranking away at 50% with no programs on, and no browsers open. The Photos 2 and photos apps start up by themselves run endlessly.

Can I disable or remove this app?

:)

CannonRebel, Dec 3, 2017
  2. jdj72067 Win User

New Computer w/ Disk Usage at 100%. How can I streamline? Should I Buy a Mac?

Mine has been like that since the second update.... So many things run when your not running anything!!!! My avg disk usage is 60% and CPU 40... OPEN A COUPLE of web tabs and I feel like partying like its 1999, but skip the fun.

jdj72067, Dec 3, 2017
  3. URGENT!! GAMERS DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 (yet)

Yeah I am facing this problem too when i am running The Crew and Battlefield 4 the CPU temperature usually ( before update ) from 40 - 60 with water cooling on the CPU.

After I installed the windows 10 my CPU temperature go between 70 - 90.

Maybe there is some processes that run in the background of windows 10 ?

SYRlAN-EAGLE, Dec 3, 2017
  4. FerchogtX Win User

How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60%

If you haven't already, disable the app from running in the background, In Settings, go to Privacy -> Background Apps and turn off photos. This might help you

FerchogtX, Dec 4, 2017
  5. I'm running version 1709 win 10, for some reason it doesn't give me that option. So now I tried removing the app altogether by running this command in the powershell. It worked!
    Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage

Windows 10 IT Support Guides

CannonRebel, Dec 4, 2017
  6. FerchogtX Win User
    Glad you got it sorted out ^^

FerchogtX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60%

1. How to disable photos, they keep opening and running my cpu @40-60% - Similar Threads - disable photos keep

2. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?: Hello,I wiped my computer's disk HP with the Windows 10 Home edition because its performance was worryingly poor - I couldn't use it at all. After I did it it worked well for some time, I didn't install anything except for a browser on it but now using it has become...
  3. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?: Hello,I wiped my computer's disk HP with the Windows 10 Home edition because its performance was worryingly poor - I couldn't use it at all. After I did it it worked well for some time, I didn't install anything except for a browser on it but now using it has become...
  4. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gaming PC now Idles on 40-60% Memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC now Idles on 40-60% Memory?: Hello,My Legion Y540 gaming laptop used to run superbly well until around 12-18 months ago, where it now idles on 40% to even 60% memory with very few applications open. I tried to upload a screenshot of my processes, but apparently these forums don't allow new users to post...
  6. Gaming PC now Idles on 40-60% Memory?

Gaming PC now Idles on 40-60% Memory?: Hello,My Legion Y540 gaming laptop used to run superbly well until around 12-18 months ago, where it now idles on 40% to even 60% memory with very few applications open. I tried to upload a screenshot of my processes, but apparently these forums don't allow new users to post...
  7. "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu

"System" takes 60-70% of my cpu: My cpu stabilizes when i dont do anything, but as soon as i watch a video or open a game, "System" pops up in task manager with 70% cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-takes-60-70-of-my-cpu/049a697e-8b63-4ad8-9364-4d42cdeb8a8c
  8. "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu

"System" takes 60-70% of my cpu: My cpu stabilizes when i dont do anything, but as soon as i watch a video or open a game, "System" pops up in task manager with 70% cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-takes-60-70-of-my-cpu/049a697e-8b63-4ad8-9364-4d42cdeb8a8c
  9. My laptop is micro stuttering after every 40-60 sec

My laptop is micro stuttering after every 40-60 sec: ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 2 GL504 RTX - 2060 6GB 16 GB RAM INTEL I7 8TH Does anyone know how to fix it? This issue started after a windows update. It's really annoying while playing games or listening to videos like it gets choppy sound after every 40 sec......
  10. Notepad consuming cpu 40%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%: Hi there So recently , my battery life became very weak . laptop fans are always so loud .. When opening task manager, i noticed that the notepad is consuming about 40% sometimes though i don't use it at all i use WORD instead .. also the memory is always at 30% or above...