Windows 10: How To Disable Recent Files?

Discus and support How To Disable Recent Files? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. How to disable that? When i open something (folder, files, pictures, etc....) it's automatic added to the recent files. And i saw everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FinalKenpachi, Aug 3, 2015.

1. How To Disable Recent Files?

Hello.

How to disable that? When i open something (folder, files, pictures, etc....) it's automatic added to the recent files. And i saw everytime when i right click folder icon at taskbar. Any1 know the solutions?

Thanks.

Edit: After the updated 10586. I disabled this in options in Start setting. It's is OFF but i still saw Recent Files when i right click active Folder on the taskbar. Anyone have this problem too? Or anyone know the solution?

Thanks.

Found a solutions from here

Quick access - Add or Remove Recent files in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

FinalKenpachi, Aug 3, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Aug 3, 2015
  4. How To Disable Recent Files?

Go into settings and then personalization
    Then select Start on the left

turn off show recently opened items on start menu and taskbar

paulsalter, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Thank you so much. *Smile

FinalKenpachi, Aug 3, 2015
  6. You're Welcome

Glad it helped

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Disable Recent Files?

1. How To Disable Recent Files? - Similar Threads - Disable Recent Files

2. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  3. Not "recent" files under recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  4. How to disable recent files in search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable recent files in search box: Further to Duavago's question and solution here where he found how to disable the app history within the search box, I have discovered this only works for Pro versions since gpedit.msc is completely absent in Home versions. I did a bit of digging and found a solution as...
  5. How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window

in Cortana
    How to disable or delete recently closed or recent activity in search window: [IMG] Data persists even when I delete programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-or-delete-recently-closed-or-recent/8256dbdc-6b3a-4b2e-ab5c-7e2a32716d29"
  6. How To Remove Recent Files..

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Recent Files..: ver 1903 build 18362 I don't like that recent files thing coming up in explorer all the time. very embarrassing, people can see where I've been... So I google how to remove it and places like Tom's hardware spell it out quite clearly... But, as so often seems to happen,...
  7. How to Disable Recent in Search

in Cortana
    How to Disable Recent in Search: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] [Original Title: start menu] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-recent-in-search/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a"
  8. How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?: I have tried all kinds of ways but give up. I am new to Win10. It seems there is a feature to display the most recently accessed files to the right of the Win explorer panel when viewing a particular drive, folder or external device. I don't even know how it is triggered...
  9. Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA?: Hello, everyone, I am using the most current preview build of Windows 10. (Loving the Fast Ring.) I have a question about clearing the Recent Files section of Quick Access, in File Explorer. I know how to clear and reset the Recent Files list in Quick Access. I...
  10. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations: Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a...