Windows 10: how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

Discus and support how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] 87862 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017.

1. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications [​IMG]

:)

MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 29, 2017
  3. How to disable Windows is checking for the solution to the problem

I knew how to disable this completely useless feature in Windows 7 but can't figure out where to find the setting in Windows 10. What was "System and Security" is now "Security and Maintenance." Has anybody figured out how to disable this yet? Thanks.

JeremyStull, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

Hello Andreas, *Smile

You have notifications at the top turned off, so all "Get notifications from these senders" will be grayed out.

Brink, Jun 29, 2017
  5. but i still get them

MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if turning off the messages you want in the Control Panel (icons view) -> Security and Maintenance - > Change Security and Maintenance settings may help.

However, I've noticed that system security notifications often ignore what you set and show you notifications anyway.

Brink, Jun 29, 2017
  7. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications [​IMG]
    this is one of the messages that i am getting
    and i cant UNtick the windows updates

MasterAndreas, Jun 30, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Installing the updates would stop it.

Brink, Jun 30, 2017
  9. I have got the feeling, you want to disable all notifications. In that case, run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings" /v "NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_TOASTS_ENABLED" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications" /v "NoToastApplicationNotification" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled sc config WpnService start= disabled taskkill /im explorer.exe /f & explorer.exe[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications - Similar Threads - Disable Security Maintenance

2. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  3. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  4. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Home Missing Notifications for Security and Maintenance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Missing Notifications for Security and Maintenance: Is Windows 11 Home supposed to have a Security and Maintenance notification option or provide notifications for when a Windows Defender Scan is Run?I recently bought a new Dell with Windows 11 Home.I uninstalled McAfee 1st thing. Both through windows and then again via a new...
  6. Daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance

Daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance: I get a daily notification from Microsoft Security and Maintenance worded as this - "We've turned on Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Your version of McAfee Antivirus and AntiSpyware are incompatible with this version of Windows." I have searched for McAfee on my computer and...
  7. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  8. Disable Security notifications?

Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  9. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?: The Windows 8.1 method is not working... I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!! 63833
  10. How to disable automatic maintenance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable automatic maintenance?: I want to disable automatic maintenance because my new SSD is arriving soon, and since SSDs have a limited life span, I want to preserve them as much as possible. ( I know modern SSDs can last a loooooooooong time, I just want to be super careful with mine. *Smile)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable all gray Security and Maintenance notifications with cmd

2. disable security and maintenance notifications