Windows 10: how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

Discus and support how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] 87862 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017.

1. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications [​IMG]

:)

MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 29, 2017
  3. How to disable Windows is checking for the solution to the problem

I knew how to disable this completely useless feature in Windows 7 but can't figure out where to find the setting in Windows 10. What was "System and Security" is now "Security and Maintenance." Has anybody figured out how to disable this yet? Thanks.

JeremyStull, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

Hello Andreas, *Smile

You have notifications at the top turned off, so all "Get notifications from these senders" will be grayed out.

Brink, Jun 29, 2017
  5. but i still get them

MasterAndreas, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if turning off the messages you want in the Control Panel (icons view) -> Security and Maintenance - > Change Security and Maintenance settings may help.

However, I've noticed that system security notifications often ignore what you set and show you notifications anyway.

Brink, Jun 29, 2017
  7. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications [​IMG]
    this is one of the messages that i am getting
    and i cant UNtick the windows updates

MasterAndreas, Jun 30, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Installing the updates would stop it.

Brink, Jun 30, 2017
  9. I have got the feeling, you want to disable all notifications. In that case, run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings" /v "NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_TOASTS_ENABLED" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications" /v "NoToastApplicationNotification" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled sc config WpnService start= disabled taskkill /im explorer.exe /f & explorer.exe[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications - Similar Threads - Disable Security Maintenance

2. Cant access security and maintenance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant access security and maintenance: Hello Windows defender isn't appearing in services. I have been trying to access security and maintenance but it wont open. If i search for it in the windows search bar it appears but when i click on it nothing happens. How can i solve both problems?...
  3. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...
  4. Security auditing - how to disable?

Security auditing - how to disable?: I noticed after checking my event viewer for something that under Windows>security, there are tons and tons of "audit success" entries. Is this necessary for the PC to run security auditing constantly like this and log it? It seems unnecessary. Can I disable it? 76900
  5. How to disable Security Notification in Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

How to disable Security Notification in Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview: I am running Windows 10 Insider Preview version 1703 OS Build 16251.1000 and I;m wondering on how to disable the security warning every time I'm opening a file loaded from the internet? 96415
  6. Disable Security notifications?

Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  7. How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Automatic maintenance"?: The Windows 8.1 method is not working... I cannot find "Idle Maintenance" under TaskScheduler anymore!!! 63833
  8. how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?

how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?: I'd like to turn of automatic maintenance, just like i did in Windows 8/8.1. It was easy and straight forward, but in Windows 10 it seems they took the options away in task scheduler. Frustrating since i do not want my computer looking for updates or running maintenance every...
  9. Disable automatic maintenance?

Disable automatic maintenance?: Since the task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10, does anyone know how to disable automatic maintenance? 17025
  10. How to disable automatic maintenance?

How to disable automatic maintenance?: I want to disable automatic maintenance because my new SSD is arriving soon, and since SSDs have a limited life span, I want to preserve them as much as possible. ( I know modern SSDs can last a loooooooooong time, I just want to be super careful with mine. *Smile)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable security and maintenance notifications