Windows 10: how to disable the Menu key

Discus and support how to disable the Menu key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Could you show us how to disable the Menu key (the one next to the Windows key)? Thank you! 91535 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swallis7, Aug 15, 2017.

1. swallis7 Win User

how to disable the Menu key

Could you show us how to disable the Menu key (the one next to the Windows key)?

Thank you!

:)

swallis7, Aug 15, 2017

2. How to disable the left Alt key as the menu bar activator?

I am going to stop buying any products from Microsoft. First of all, I can never talk to anyone. I have no ability to talk to anyone at Microsoft. You have gone totally automatic. Stupid idea. No people contact, no product buying. (I just deleted the text
    I was typing.) I hate your setup.

I want no special function keys and I cannot disable them easily. I don't want any shortcuts where the cursor moves around because I accidentally hit the wrong key. When I am writing, I want to focus on my writing and not worry that I am about to delete
    the text (that pleasure just happened), People hit the wrong keys, geniuses.

I want an electronic keyboard that does what I want it to do. Windows 10 is the worst because of this garbage. And I once worked as an IT director. I love Bill Gates but despise Microsoft.

G. AlanJohnson, Aug 15, 2017
  3. How to disable the left Alt key as the menu bar activator?

I would like to get rid of the left Alt button built-in functionality to activate the menu bar. I know it's useful if don't have a mouse plugged in, however it greatly affects my workflow functionality in some graphic and video editing programs.

Is there any option to turn it off (like sticky buttons for example)?

Scarlet_Spider, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

how to disable the Menu key

1. how to disable the Menu key - Similar Threads - disable Menu key

2. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  3. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  4. How to disable «menu key» also called «context key»?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable «menu key» also called «context key»?: Situation: when writing I often touch the menu key / context key on the keyboard it is on the right half in the frontmost row between AltGr and Ctrl. If that happens «undo» is preselected – and by touching the next key this is done and the written text is deleted immediately...
  5. How to disable «menu key» also called «context key»?

How to disable «menu key» also called «context key»?: Situation: when writing I often touch the menu key / context key on the keyboard it is on the right half in the frontmost row between AltGr and Ctrl. If that happens «undo» is preselected – and by touching the next key this is done and the written text is deleted immediately...
  6. How to disable a specific key?

How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  7. How to disable a specific key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable a specific key?: Hi, I want to disable the "down arrow" key, I tried SharpKeys but it didn't work. Are there more methods to disable a key? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-a-specific-key/2cd3e324-e7ac-4c73-a1ac-9c2f1005d019
  8. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  9. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?: I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits). The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless you press the left alt button. Is there a way around this, so that the window menu is always visible? win version 2004 os...
  10. How to disable the HOME key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the HOME key?: I want to change the registry entry 'Scancode Map' to disable the HOME key. I have already disabled the Caps Lock key and I want to add the Home key to the string but cannot find the changes to make. I DO NOT want to use 'Disable Key' program. Thanks....