Windows 10: How to disable the password on the lock screen using an online account

Discus and support How to disable the password on the lock screen using an online account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I decided that it is time to move from an offline account to an online one. However, every time when I open my laptop or have the lock screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FrankJoe, Jan 5, 2018.

1. FrankJoe Win User

How to disable the password on the lock screen using an online account

Hello,

I decided that it is time to move from an offline account to an online one. However, every time when I open my laptop or have the lock screen on, Windows wants me to retype my password for my Outlook account in order to be able to log in inside my computer. Is there a way I can remove this feature and make it like my offline account where, when you click twice on the lock screen it automatically goes to your main desktop. If someone can help me, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance.

PS: I have found a thread where it is shown that you can disable the lock screen in general but I would like to keep it on. I just don't want to retype my password every time my screen locks.

Best regards,
    Frank

:)

FrankJoe, Jan 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 lock screen password

I am trying to exchange my windows 10 dell laptop with a surface pro 4. But the seller won't exchange the old laptop because the lock screen password cannot be disabled. I formatted the laptop and had to create a local account but could not disable the
    lock screen password. Please help me how to disable the lock screen password without editting the registey. Please help..

NABARUN MAAJUMDAR, Jan 5, 2018
  3. How to remove the password on the lock screen.

You should open Settings and in Accounts ->Sign in options, click to change password and enter old password and then for new password and retry new password leave them empty.

Note: you could do this on local account only and if you are using Microsoft Account, you should switch to Local Account first.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jan 5, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

1. How to disable the password on the lock screen using an online account - Similar Threads - disable password lock

2. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  3. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  4. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  5. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  6. Lock screen log in problem must use forgotten Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen log in problem must use forgotten Microsoft account password: To add to my original post since I must have used up the allotment of words for posting a question... I wonder if there is a way to bypass my lock screen so I can get to Start to get to settings so I can get to account user section and deselect needing a password to log in? I...
  7. Lock screen log in problem must use forgotten Microsoft account password

Lock screen log in problem must use forgotten Microsoft account password: Unbeknownst to me Microsoft decided to change my lockscreen password to be the Microsoft account password of the Microsoft account I never use. I set up my Windows 10 using my business email that I linked to my personal email except I no longer pay for my domain name or...
  8. How do I change the password to an online account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password to an online account?: my brother set up an account without my permission, and refuses to cooperate when i tell him to stop going on my computer, the account has valuable information on it, i don’t want to delete it but i cannot change the password because it is in the other users tab and ab online...
  9. how to disable pin on lock screen?

how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef
  10. Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen prompt - Administrator account disabled: I recently installed Windows 10 Enterprise on a Surface Pro II tablet. The tablet is not connected to a domain and I created my own personal/local account. After giving my local account administrative privileges I disabled the administrator account using the command: net user...