Windows 10: How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu

Discus and support How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right clicking on start button give acces to all kinds off Tools that i dont want my users to have acces to. I know that i can disable some whit GPO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by acaron, Jul 10, 2016.

1. acaron Win User

How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu

Right clicking on start button give acces to all kinds off Tools that i dont want my users to have acces to.
    I know that i can disable some whit GPO but it there a way to remove the right click on the start button.

Thank you

:)

acaron, Jul 10, 2016

2. Unable to use the double clic on the icons of files or folders of my desktop

I'm on Win 10. For some times now when I double clic an icon on my desktop (file, programme or folder) nothing happens. I must use the right clic and select "open" from the contextual menu which pops up to launch. I've tried to modify the speed of the
    double clic in the parameters. I can open the little folder test but not the icons on my desktop. Any idea to get rid of that?

Patrick13_876, Jul 10, 2016
  3. Unable to use the double clic on the icons of files or folders of my desktop

Hello!

Sorry for coming back to you so late but I had lots of home work... How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu :)

Here I am and my problem is solved. Your detailed methods helped me and opened my eyes on a "different solution".

As a matter of fact as replied in my previous post I did method 1 & 2 without problems detected.

Then analysing your two other methods, I've thought that maybe this was not a Window's problem but a compatibility problem.

Using Msconfig I've disabled all which was not window service but Nothing changed. Then I've made a list of the few programmes I had recently installed and .. the light came! Something was tempering on files and I've removed Gilisoft Filelock Pro (a 2 years'
    old version), restarted the Pc and everything is back to normal.

So many thanks for your support as my "shortcut" drove me to the same place you were conducting me.

Much appreciated believe me!

Have a nice day

Pat

Patrick13_876, Jul 10, 2016
  4. acaron Win User

I solve my problem by removing everything in the WINX repertoire for the user that i dont want to have access to these Tools.

C:\Users\[any user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX

acaron, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

1. How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu - Similar Threads - disable rigkt clic

2. How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?

in Cortana
    How to disable Start menu to reinstall it?: I'm trying to reinstall start menu and the windows 10 search bar, because I can't type in either my search bar or the file explorer. Most of the fixes I've seen involve using the powershell console and this code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers...
  3. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  4. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  5. How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the New Start Menu Flyout????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavyScript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/encpik/how_to_disable_the_new_start_menu_flyout/
  6. How to disable the controller working the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the controller working the start menu: What setting or service do i need to disable to get the controller from working with teh start menu of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-controller-working-the-start/10f641c0-9fa0-49d7-a77a-05fdcb61fd41
  7. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  8. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...
  9. Start menu Personalization Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Personalization Disabled: Had to try a few different methods to get the start menu not working problem to go away. Finally I had to go back to a restore point from just after the upgrade from Windows 7 to get the start menu to work again. Now I try to turn back on the folders in Personalization >...
  10. start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic: Hey guys, Currently facing a problem I never have before and still quite puzzled for now, thanks in advance for reading. I built my computer a few month ago, performed exactly as expected. For about two weeks now some crashes started appearing and are getting worse: -...