Windows 10: how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?

Discus and support how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I turn it off? I am the admin of my pc and do-not-want this damn prompt every time I change a file's name. 51697 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by F3lsworn, May 28, 2016.

1. F3lsworn Win User

how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?

How do I turn it off? I am the admin of my pc and do-not-want this damn prompt every time I change a file's name.

:)

F3lsworn, May 28, 2016

2. 7z Setup SFX require elevation

We have one executable which is giving problem(posted on our ftp server)

"7z Setup SFX file(when executed) does not prompt UAC when the folder where it gets downloaded it not opened"

Steps:

Download a file ("7z Setup SFX" exe) to a folder location which is not open

Now double click it, it will not prompt for UAC and then it says "the required operation require elevation."

The strange thing is that, when we download it, when the folder is open (where its downloading) it works, it prompts for UAC prompt.

One more thing is that when we rename the file which was not working it starts working and prompt from UAC

how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file? [​IMG]

sannatchaudhry, May 28, 2016
  3. Program Won't Open

I tried that and it did not work. When the program starts to open I get the prompt to log on as Administrator and disable UAC

Preschool Mike, May 28, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

Hit the Windows key and type"UAC" or "User Account Control" if that doesn't work, hit Enter and move UAC slider to "Never Notify".

cbwilsha, May 28, 2016
  5. yep, UAC is a global setting, you cannot set it up only for renaming. Just set it to "never", it will make your life easier

marcosdipaolo, May 28, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file? - Similar Threads - disable UAC prompt

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  5. UAC prompt - .bat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  6. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  7. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  8. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  9. Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator...
  10. Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?: I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but what would have happened if I had? Assuming you are running as administrator, does renaming the following folders prompt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2016 uac prompt renaming file

2. Disable renaming any files

3. uac prompt to rename files

4. UAC blocking file rename