Windows 10: How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu

Discus and support How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all ! I have a simple question that how can we disable "view" option from desktop context menu. [img] any help would be appriciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ijaz1976, May 27, 2017.

1. ijaz1976 Win User

How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu

Hello all !

I have a simple question that how can we disable "view" option from desktop context menu.

How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu [​IMG]

any help would be appriciated.
    thanks in advance

:)

ijaz1976, May 27, 2017

2. Can we insert Fields in Folder names (like date field)

How to get that option in the context menu?

Anwesh Gangula, May 27, 2017
  3. am using windows 10 but how can i make the desk top icons smaller

Hi Alan that has done the trick and thank you kind Regards sue minto

susanminto, May 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Since this is an OS feature, it's not like user added or program added context menu entries, so cannot be achieved by context menu editors,

I don't think there's a way to do that as a user.

I give you this purely as an illustration as it's nothing to do with Win 10:
    How to enable Option in Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP? - AskVG

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  5. ijaz1976 Win User
    Thanks for your response. I tried the method described in the link you provided but i think this applies only to Windows XP. It is not working for shell32.dll in windows 10 pro.

Any other method ???

ijaz1976, May 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Sticky tape? *Smile

No, you'd have to persuade MS to add an option as far as I know (and I didn't intend you to try that as you can see).

dalchina, May 28, 2017
  7. ijaz1976 Win User
    Thanks for your reply again. I am not saying that you told to do so. I only tried to check that if this method is still working in Windows10 or not.
    Any how thanks for your kind response.

ijaz1976, May 29, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

There are some things where there's still flexibility, others not. MS seems to be slowly reducing the degree of customisation available.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Disable "View" option from Desktop context menu - Similar Threads - Disable View option

2. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  3. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  4. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable desktop view

How to disable desktop view: I do not ever want any "hotspot" on the screen to suddenly show the desktop. I can say that to me, the desktop is the most profoundly uninteresting, actually, totally useless, aspect of Windows. Having what I am working on suddenly disappear because the mouse has drifted...
  6. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  7. Disable "Refresh" option from desktop right click context menu

Disable "Refresh" option from desktop right click context menu: Anyone know how to do this? 122137
  8. remove OneDrive options from context menu

remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  9. Context menu on the desktop

Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  10. Format option in context menu in Disk Management disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format option in context menu in Disk Management disabled: I want to completely delete all partition and format one of my drives. When I go to Disk Management and right-click the drive, I can't select "Format", nor "Delete Volume". [img] Then, when I try to use DISKPART from the command line, I get this message: Code:...