Windows 10: How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?

Discus and support How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have the habit of clicking Shut Down on my computer and walking away. Then 2 hours later or the next morning I come back to see the "Some else is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xanderax, Jul 29, 2016.

1. xanderax Win User

How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in?

I have the habit of clicking Shut Down on my computer and walking away. Then 2 hours later or the next morning I come back to see the "Some else is still using this PC..." warning message. Or some program didn't shut down properly, and I see the "Force Shut Down" button. If I ht the power button on the computer it always shuts down regardless, so I'm trying to get into that habit. But is there any way to make the shut down button work the same way, to shut down when I say shut down regardless if someone else is logged in?

Quick calculation.... if there are 300 million windows computers, and 10% of users have this occur 10 times a year for last 10 years, computer staying on an extra 16 hours, average computer uses 300W, and power costs $0.10/kWh...
    There is also the wear on the computer... if that time uses up 5% of the computer life, and the average computer costs $1000.... This is a 3 billion dollar problem! LOL.

Anyways is there a registry setting or something to force it to always shut down when I click Shut Down??

Meanwhile I will work on my bad habit... =)

Thanks!!

:)

xanderax, Jul 29, 2016

2. how to disable the "Add Someone else to this PC" in user account settings

I want to prevent other people from creating another account which is not a family member. Could someone tell me if this is possible. Because I do not want other people who are not registered as a family member to access or create a user account with my
    computer.

DanellAralar, Jul 29, 2016
  3. how to disable the "Add Someone else to this PC" in user account settings

You can ensure no one is able to do that by making only your account be the Administrator only. Make sure other accounts are just users.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people

Select the other accounts

Click Change account type

Choose user then click OK

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Try this:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Speed up shutdown [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "AutoEndTasks"="1" "HungAppTimeout"="1000" "MenuShowDelay"="1" "WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000" "LowLevelHooksTimeout"="1000 ;Speed up right click context menu [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Control Panel\Desktop] "MenuShowDelay"="1" [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Control Panel\Desktop] "MenuShowDelay"="1" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] "AutoRestartShell"=dword:00000001[/quote]

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2016
  5. xanderax Win User
    Thanks but this didn't remove the "other user still using"... warning.

I put all that into a .reg file and merged it. Restarted. Then logged in with 2 users and tried shut-down, no luck. =/

xanderax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Win10 warning on shutdown if someone else is logged in? - Similar Threads - disable Win10 warning

2. My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop settings is logged into someone elses account: I am logged into a friend's account for some reason on the settings app and i can't log out in order to log back into my own account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-settings-is-logged-into-someone-elses/c7a40d2c-63d1-4a6d-910f-a72392fb21c9
  3. Disable add someone else to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  4. How to disable "Add someone else to this PC" --->Manage account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable "Add someone else to this PC" --->Manage account: Control Panel -> User Account -->Manage Account -> 168073
  5. How to disable "Add someone else to this PC" --->Manage account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable "Add someone else to this PC" --->Manage account: Control Panel -> User Account -->Manage Account -> 168073
  6. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  7. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  8. Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown: Since a week or two back I have started to get a popup that someone else is logged on when I am about to shut down the computer. This is a bit scary. Has anyone else also got this experience? /Windows 10 Pro user 99345
  9. Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc"

Logout warning "Someone else is still using this pc": Since the recent Windows 10 update (about October 26) I have been receiving the following error when I log out, even when quickly logging out after a restart or power up start. •Someone else is still using this pc. If you restart now, they could lose unsaved work. Does...
  10. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows always says someone else is logged on

2. win 10 disable shutdown warning

3. how to disable shutdown warning

4. disable windows 10 shutdown warning,
  5. windows 10 waring on shutdown,
  6. how to get warnings when shutting down,
  7. i got a warning my computer will shut down in 10 minutes,
  8. win 10 someone else using computer on shutdown,
  9. how to disable shut down warning in win 10,
  10. diable someone else is using this pc do you want to shutdown anyway,
  11. win10 shutdown message someone else is using,