Windows 10: How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

Discus and support How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, For some reason Windows 10 starts to trying to install optional language features "typing" and "optical character recognition" and fails every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AGluis, Aug 13, 2018.

1. AGluis Win User

How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

Hello,

For some reason Windows 10 starts to trying to install optional language features "typing" and "optical character recognition" and fails every time with error 0x800F0841. I would not care if it will just fail every time, the thing that bothers me is that Windows keeps trying to install these features after I shut down the system ("Getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer") for 15min or more every time.

Is there any way to disable this automatic installation? I only need keyboard for that language.

If I just start the system and check "Language options" in "Settings", I see that "Basic typing" is not installed and system runs perfectly without it, but after some time, for some unknown reason, Windows starts to "adding some features..." and tries to install this "Basic typing".

:)

AGluis, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 13, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2018
  4. How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

Windows automatically disabling language shortcuts

I found some steps here that have been suggested in the past. I suggest you check the link, Monica has great screenshots covering all of the steps for her suggestion.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.

Choose Control Panel.

Under View by, select Small icon.

Click Language.

On the left side, choose Advance settings.

Click Save.

Restart your computer.

Windows Key + Space key = Changes language/keyboard pairs.

Alt + Shift = Change Language.

Ctrl + Shift = Changes keyboard.

JustinRiley, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

1. How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation? - Similar Threads - disable Language features

2. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  3. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  4. How to Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates!: Yes, apparently it IS possible.I didn't know either, and believe me I've scoured the web. This came directly from a Microsoft support rep. Heres the chat between us I've cut out the insignificant parts:Ive looked through the settings but it doesnt seem like I can COMPLETELY...
  5. Cant install language features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install language features: Hey so I am trying to get voice recognition to work but I got the following problems: I can install language packs but I cant select any features when I am straing the process of installing them. (can only tell windows to use it as standard language. Whenever I try to...
  6. How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the Windows 10 language shortcut?: By playing games or using applications, sometimes I press 'Left alt + Shift' 'Ctrl + Shift' often. How would I go about disabling the shortcut?...
  7. How to disable windows to install automatically keybord language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable windows to install automatically keybord language: Hi, i have a problem with my windows i'm french so i'm using french keybord configuration (AZERTY) and for unknown reason windows install english keybord and activate me When i'm on desktop ok i just need to install and uninstall it for solve it but on a game in full screen...
  8. Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10: Hello, I am using Win10 1809 and been wondering if there's a way to disable typing only for installed system language? In Asian countries like Japan or Korea people just don't use English keyboard layout - it's already included in local Japanese/Korean IME keyboard. If you...
  9. Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10: How to disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10? I have this Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (MacBook Pro 2011 w/ Boot Camp) whose driver I need to roll back to an earlier version for things to work properly, however Windows keeps reinstalling the newer version...
  10. how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to disable automatic maintenance in Windows 10?: I'd like to turn of automatic maintenance, just like i did in Windows 8/8.1. It was easy and straight forward, but in Windows 10 it seems they took the options away in task scheduler. Frustrating since i do not want my computer looking for updates or running maintenance every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable language optional features

2. why are basic typing and optical character recognition checked by default when adding language

3. windows 10 stop language optional features

4. disable automatic display language installation,
  5. disable language automatic