Windows 10: How to disable Windows defender

Discus and support How to disable Windows defender in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Welcome to another guide! In this one, I’ll show you how to disable Windows Defender. But here are a few things you might need to know before you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to disable Windows defender

Welcome to another guide! In this one, I’ll show you how to disable Windows Defender. But here are a few things you might need to know before you continue reading this guide… If you already know about Windows Defender, just click here to jump to the different methods that we have. If you have a Windows [...]

The post How to disable Windows defender appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jun 20, 2018

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 20, 2018
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Jun 20, 2018
  4. How to disable Windows defender

Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

How to disable Windows defender

1. How to disable Windows defender - Similar Threads - disable defender

2. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  3. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  4. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  5. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  6. How can I permanently disable or remove Windows Defender on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I permanently disable or remove Windows Defender on Windows 10.: Before you answer, please know that I do not want any recommendations about disabling it or that it is a bad idea. I do not care and I simply want to disable it. If you are not telling me how to disable it please do not answer.I am simply looking for a way to permanently...
  7. How can I permanently disable or remove Windows Defender on Windows 10.

How can I permanently disable or remove Windows Defender on Windows 10.: Before you answer, please know that I do not want any recommendations about disabling it or that it is a bad idea. I do not care and I simply want to disable it. If you are not telling me how to disable it please do not answer.I am simply looking for a way to permanently...
  8. How can I permanently disable or remove Windows Defender on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff: I have had a lot of problems on my computer for a while and I simply don't know how to fix them cause how hard I tried it wouldn't work, I tried resetting my pc but it wouldn't work. I can't do anything, even tho my profile is set as admin. Could anyone help me out...
  10. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff: I have had a lot of problems on my computer for a while and I simply don't know how to fix them cause how hard I tried it wouldn't work, I tried resetting my pc but it wouldn't work. I can't do anything, even tho my profile is set as admin. Could anyone help me out...