Windows 10: How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Discus and support How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS? Already tried the following: Stop and Disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SirElrey, Jul 28, 2018.

1. SirElrey Win User

How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Hi,

I would like to ask question on How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS?

Already tried the following:

• Stop and Disable Windows Update from services.msc
    • Disable Windows Update from gpedit.msc

But once we restarted the Units, It will perform Windows Updates.

Some of our Applications are not working properly after these updates.

Thanks,

Elrey

:)

SirElrey, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How to disable Windows Update Permanently from Windows 10 OS? - Similar Threads - disable Update Permanently

2. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?: Can anyone give me tips how to disable windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-windows-update-on-windows-10/fd04e18f-dc61-4064-97f8-5776d88e58de
  3. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?: Can anyone give me tips how to disable windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-windows-update-on-windows-10/fd04e18f-dc61-4064-97f8-5776d88e58de
  4. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to permanantly disable Windows Updates?

How to permanantly disable Windows Updates?: Before someone from Microsoft tells me that it's a bad idea: No, it's not, every update has forced me to wipe my hard drive because it corrupts *everything*, I do not care that it's "for security", I know how to use a computer. Windows is not a service, it is an operating...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Windows updates?: I am extremely dissatisfied with Windows updates and would like a way to disable them. They've crashed my computer twice now, and last night my computer updated while I slept without asking me, causing me to lose about an hour of work. Unfortunately, there does not seem to...
  7. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  8. permanently disable Windows 10 compact OS feature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    permanently disable Windows 10 compact OS feature: Anybody can give a tip how to permanently disable Windows 10 compact OS feature? If I initiate manually: " compact /CompactOS: never " it will work for a day than the system automatically goes back to compact state again within a day (Windows 10 Home Version 1803) It's a...
  9. How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Windows Updates Permanently?: How do I PERMANENTLY disable windows 10 updates? I disabled the windows update service in March after 1709 updated and crashed my (6 month old stock) system. The only recourse I had was to reset it which resulted in a great loss of my personal files. After that fiasco I...
  10. How to PERMANENTLY disable windows updates???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to PERMANENTLY disable windows updates???: I'm fucking sick and tired of this shit company fucking up everything. They keep making nonsense updates with shit nobody wants. I disabled windows update a long time ago from the registry thing and I though that was the end of it. Now microsoft has somehow ignored that and...