Windows 10: How to display drivers loading and chkdsk running at startup

Discus and support How to display drivers loading and chkdsk running at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am guessing OS Boot Information has not been possible since Windows 7. I have tried msconfig and bcdedit with Windows 10 to show what is going on but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hemimax, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hemimax Win User

How to display drivers loading and chkdsk running at startup

I am guessing OS Boot Information has not been possible since Windows 7. I have tried msconfig and bcdedit with Windows 10 to show what is going on but all I get is the blue window in the boot screen. I also have Fast Startup enabled if that is relevant. I would like know if I run disk error checking will I still be able to see the chkdsk progression during the boot process. Not a big deal I just preferred seeing the information.

:)

Hemimax, Sep 26, 2015
  2. John Sarc Win User

How to stop chkdsk when booting into safe mode

Hi,

To stop "chkdsk" from running, see the links below:

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 26, 2015
  3. black screen

my pc stuck on black screen will not load in and cmos can load at the start

I had try CMD lists I had try

chkdsk /f and chkdsk /f /r

and

GeneMaclean, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

How to display drivers loading and chkdsk running at startup

1. How to display drivers loading and chkdsk running at startup - Similar Threads - display drivers loading

2. Permanently Disable chkdsk from running on Windows 10 Startup (I don't ever want it to run...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently Disable chkdsk from running on Windows 10 Startup (I don't ever want it to run...: Permanently Disable chkdsk from running on Windows 10 Startup I am aware of the option to toggle the 'dirty bit' flag set by chkdsk via command line and registry, however, due to the complex configuration of my laptop with multiple drives and OS versions and NTFS / FAT32...
  3. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

in Cortana
    How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing): Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup. I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off...
  4. how to roll back display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to roll back display driver: Windows 10 no longer recognizing second display. How to roll back driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-roll-back-display-driver/c99d6322-4d48-4099-be6e-d5da888b425b
  5. How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run a .bat file as administrator in startup?: Hello. As BitDefender as an ongoing error, I want to run a small "bdfix.bat" at login time. But this .bat file MUST be run as an administrator to work. How do I do that? *Redface 120997
  6. CHKDSK doesn't display correct percentage when running.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK doesn't display correct percentage when running.: Noticed that when I run the Check Disk utility on the target machine the percentage indicator doesn't display the correct percentage. It usually freezes at 10% or an arbitrary number and then appears to complete. What is causing this? 112040
  7. How to repair USBXHCI driver not loading...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to repair USBXHCI driver not loading...: I ran autoruns and is says USBXHCI driver File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYSI checked to see if the driver was in C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS and it is.So it may me corrupt. How can I get a fresh one installed on windows 10...Thanks... 97255
  8. chkdsk fails to run

chkdsk fails to run: Installed new HDD which I cloned with my old HDD data. Everything seems to function well except now I cannot use chkdsk. I use the admin cmd prompt and order a chkdsk using chkdsk C: /r and then restart the computer. Upon restart the information sentence about hit any key...
  9. running chkdsk or chkntfs in windows 10

running chkdsk or chkntfs in windows 10: Greetings Scanning the hard disk drivers can be done from windows, but I'm curious about bizarre responses to trying to check disk from cmd windows (just for info, not fix). chkdsk yields: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this...
  10. How do I run chkdsk

How do I run chkdsk: I keep getting this error message...something to the effect of "something wrong w/D drive and needs to be scanned". I went on line and was told to click win key and x, then select command prompt administrator, then type in D f / r / x. Is this correct or should there be...