Windows 10: How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

Discus and support How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikesmet, Nov 15, 2016.

1. mikesmet Win User

How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

Hello,

My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear every time I start the computer. Now only the last account logged in shows up, together with the 'Other' option.

Kind regards,
    Mike

:)

mikesmet, Nov 15, 2016

2. Asking for a password which wasnt set-windows 10

i have deleted my local user account and then restarted , login page is displayed with deleted user account name and it is asking for password which was never set. i dont have cd/usb flash for password reset. how to login/reset the password now. no microsoft
    account is linked to it.

abhishek1988, Nov 15, 2016
  3. How to remove name and E-mail from log-on screen on windows 10 ?

control panel / Administrative tools / Local Security Policy /Local Policies ? Security Options

You'll find several interactive Login policies that allow control over the login screen

Specifically I changed:

Interactive Login: Display user information when the session is locked

to

Do not display user information

and

Interactive Login: Do not display last user name

to

enabled

If you look in the Users directory you'll see your local account name, which can be used in place of your Microsoft credentials

PeterTONeill, Nov 15, 2016
  4. johngalt Win User

Hi, mikemet, and welcome to the Windows 10 Forums.

Which version of Windows 10 ae you running on your machine? I am on Insider Preview build 14965 and there is a Group Policy item that is made exactly for that, but it may be build specific or may have appeared since the Anniversary Update, I cannot be sure as I never went looking for this particular setting until you posted your question.

See if your Group Policy has the following:

Enumerate local users on domain-joined computers (Computer Configuration --> Administrative templates --> System --> Logon)

If so, try enabling that and seeing if it works, and (moreimportantly) if it sticks after the first non-domain login on the laptop.

EDIT: Added the following

OK, looking up that GP entry, I see that according to Enumerate local users on domain-joined computers | Windows security encyclopedia that it has been around since Windows 8, so you should have it on your machine, assuming you're not running Windows 10 Home joined to a domain.

HTH

johngalt, Nov 15, 2016
  5. mikesmet Win User
    Hi johngalt, thank you for you suggestion: I did enable 'Enumerate local users on domain-joined computer', however the result remained identical. The login screen just shows the last user logged in and the 'Other' option ...

mikesmet, Nov 16, 2016
  6. johngalt Win User
    It sounds like you have another setting that might be affecting it as well, could your domain admin have set your device to not show other logins?

johngalt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen? - Similar Threads - display multiple local

2. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  3. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  4. Local Accounts not showing at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Accounts not showing at login screen: I have a laptop where a user signed in with her Microsoft account, I then created a local account and enabled the administrator account but these local accounts do NOT show up at the login screen. Anyone know why? They are NOT disabled in computer management. I've updated...
  5. Local Accounts not showing at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Accounts not showing at login screen: I have a laptop where a user signed in with her Microsoft account, I then created a local account and enabled the administrator account but these local accounts do NOT show up at the login screen. Anyone know why? They are NOT disabled in computer management. I've updated...
  6. User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10: Hello All, I opened up and powered up my HP laptop yesterday 8/31/20 and it immediately started doing a BIOS update and Firmware updates. I had been meaning to perform these updates, but I don't use this laptop that often. After it appeared to finish updating, it went to the...
  7. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  8. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  9. How to display all logins on lock screen AD Azure and local users

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display all logins on lock screen AD Azure and local users: Hello! It is necessary to display all users on the user lock screen: connected via Azure AD 1 user And the local user of this computer. 3 users Using Group Policies attached an image, it was possible to configure the display of both the local user and the AD user on the lock...
  10. Multiple users on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...