Windows 10: how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

Discus and support how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So here goes, I am a complete amateur here and with computers so please let me know if I have anything wrong here! I have windows 10 on my computer... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adrianhowland, Oct 15, 2017.

1. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

So here goes, I am a complete amateur here and with computers so please let me know if I have anything wrong here!

I have windows 10 on my computer which updated from Windows 7. I had always used an administrator account sofinding out I could not use any apps at all when windows upgraded with the Admin account was a bit of a shock but I soon read and understood the reason for it. So I made a new Admin Account and turned my account into a normal account (I read a lot of forums to figure out how to do this).

My problem now (and one that has been going on for a while I just never got round to fixing it), is I can not install or update any of the software on my normal account, so I am stuck between going into an administrator account to install and update software and obviously using my normal account most of the time just so I can use apps.

I would like to make it so I can install and update software in my normal account because it is quite time consuming. I understand there are exe files that I can right click and choose to open as an Administrator, but unfortunately things like em client and Airdroid etc, when they try to update there is no option to do this as an administrator and I found another file type that does not even have the open as Administrator option.

So all I really want to do is to give my user account the permissions to allow it to install, upgrade and update software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have looked around for this but I must be typing in the wrong search terms or something.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Adrain

:)

adrianhowland, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 15, 2017
  3. WMTA3 Win User
    How can I synch in different user accounts (with different Outlook info)

Hi Romate,

Thanks for participating on the Windows Mobile Forum!

Just to clarify, are you trying to sync both the "Guest" Outlook account and the "Main" Outlook account with your phone? Or, are you trying to switch from the "Main" account to your "Guest" account?

WMTA3, Oct 15, 2017
  4. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

Is your new account standard user account if so you will have trouble installing some applications only user account with administrative privileges can install programs.

FreeBooter, Oct 15, 2017
  5. I believe this account must be Standard then, how would I be able to change it to one with administrative privileges?

6. lx07 Win User
    That is the whole point.

If you run a standard account installing software (or anything else that requires admin privileges) will ask for your administrator ID and password. Then malware can't do it without asking. If your account is part of administrators group malware can bypass User Account Control (UAC) and elevate itself to do whatever it wants without asking you or you even being aware.

If you want to change your account to be part of the administrators group (which is less secure) then sign onto an existing administrator account and change it. See here Change Account Type in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

I'd not recommend it but everything is a balance between security and convenience.

7. Thank you very much for this, is this definitely something you would not suggest, my only issue is that each time em client, Air Droid or any other software tries to automatically update they crash half way through explaining that I do not have the privileges, this then means I need to go to the website of this software, download the update manually then log into an administrator account to update it myself, then log back out to go back into the standard account just to be able to use the latest version of these software's, I am sure for yourself and many others this would be extremely quick and easy, but for someone slow on computers like me it takes me ages and this is just to use my normal everyday programs.

I understand this is for my own safety so is there a simpler way or a way to get these programs have admin privileges or something without lowering the security of the whole system?

Thank you very much for your answer.

8. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

Thank you very much for this, is this definitely something you would not suggest, my only issue is that each time em client, Air Droid or any other software tries to automatically update they crash half way through explaining that I do not have the privileges, this then means I need to go to the website of this software, download the update manually then log into an administrator account to update it myself, then log back out to go back into the standard account just to be able to use the latest version of these software's, I am sure for yourself and many others this would be extremely quick and easy, but for someone slow on computers like me it takes me ages and this is just to use my normal everyday programs.

I understand this is for my own safety so is there a simpler way or a way to get these programs have admin privileges or something without lowering the security of the whole system?

Thank you very much for your answer.

And one more thing, will changing the account stop it from being able to use apps?

adrianhowland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

1. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts - Similar Threads - Enable Permissions different

2. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  3. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  4. Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run as different user: How to give permissions to a secondary user on the primary user account.: I am having a problem with the application Canon Digital Photo Professional DPP. It is not responding. I created a secondary admin account and tested the application and it works fine on that account. The only problem is that account cannot access the drives on my computer...
  5. how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?: i wanted to give my laptop access to a drive on my desktop (both on the same network) but i dont have permissions to access it. when i go to propertied->security i cant choose my laptop as the location, how can i give myself permissions? submitted by /u/antireal20 [link]...
  6. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  7. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  8. User accounts and users are different

User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  9. How to set different HomeGroup sharing permissions for users ?!

How to set different HomeGroup sharing permissions for users ?!: Hi guys, I have setup a home group network at my small office between 6 PCs for the file sharing purpose and it works fine. One thing I have no idea about as how to set an access permission for specific users to let them access my shared folders while the rest to not to do ?...
  10. How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?

How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?: Hi. I have a folder full of movies that I'm sharing over the network. I want my raspberry pi to be the only one able to change the content of the folder, but I want everyone on the network to able to read from it, how can this be done? 67351