Windows 10: how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

Discus and support how to do windows7 tasks in windows10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning, Is there a table that tells me (translates for me) how to do in Windows 10 what I used to be able to do in Windows 7? For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arby, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Arby Win User

how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

Good morning,

Is there a table that tells me (translates for me) how to do in Windows 10 what I used to be able to do in Windows 7?

For example, how do I make my Windows 10 jump lists have as many entries for 'recent' or for 'frequent' as I used to have for Windows 7? (My jump list for Word had the 10 most recent files -- now in Windows 10 it only shows about 3)

Or, how to set the amount of time before inactivity on the computer causes it to lock?

Thanks,

:)

Arby, Sep 7, 2015

2. How to I get rid of Windows 7 after installing Windows 10?

i just recently updated to windows10 but everything is still going through windows7.how do i delete windows7 to use windows10????

nathanfern, Sep 7, 2015
  3. How do I update a Windows7 student version to Windows10?

How do I update a Windows7 student version to Windows10?

DarrellRoberts69, Sep 7, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

In Word, (depending on which version you use) go to your 'File' tab, Options > Advanced, and you can select how many recent documents. Also, I'm not on a Win10 pc at the moment, but if I remember correctly, setting the number of entries for Jump Lists is the same in Win10 as for Win7.
    Jump Lists - Change Number of Recent Items to Display

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post337594

I don't think there is a comprehensive list that show how to do what you did on Win7. Just keep asking your questions here *Smile

And welcome to the forum Arby!

WhyMe, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Arby Win User
    Thanks for the info and the welcome!

Would like to pursue the jump list a bit -- what I did in Windows7 was pin my frequently-used applications to the task bar, for example, Word, PowerPoint, and the Explorer. Then, all I had to do to pick up where I left off yesterday was to mouse over the app in the toolbar, right click, and select the appropriate recent file. That is what I would like to work in Windows10.

Looks like the link you provided requires me to open up programs, scroll down and select the application, THEN choose recent. Yes, I know, it is only a difference of a few mouse clicks and a bit of scrolling -- but I really like the single mouse click required in windows7, and I would like to see the old high number of recent files.

Again, thanks for any tips.

Arby, Sep 7, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Hi,

Unfortunately I do not use Jump Lists so you may have to wait for someone else to drop by. It's actually the first function I disable whenever I build a new system lol. I do that before installing drivers or anything else. And since I'm not currently on a Win10 system I cannot check it out or test it for you...

However, in the meantime, the Win10 tutorial below may provide you with the necessary information to enable your desired functionality:
    How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Windows 10

WhyMe, Sep 7, 2015
  7. robertwnielsen, Sep 7, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

If you right click on the Word or Excel icon in the Taskbar then you see the list of recent documents. Just mousing over them doesn't work, at least it doesn't work for me.

Ztruker, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Sadly, no, the number of entries for jump lists in Win10 seems to be hard-locked. For one thing, right clicking on the Start button doesn't produce a 'properties' option in 10, like it did in 7.

robertwnielsen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to do windows7 tasks in windows10 - Similar Threads - windows7 tasks windows10

2. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  3. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I upgrade Windows7 to Windows10 on an older Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Windows7 to Windows10 on an older Dell laptop: How can i update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an older Dell Inspiron Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-windows7-to-windows10-on-an-older/2c6226df-6b7b-4a3d-99d9-c608453d6b05
  6. How do I upgrade Windows7 to Windows10 on an older Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade Windows7 to Windows10 on an older Dell laptop: How can i update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an older Dell Inspiron Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-windows7-to-windows10-on-an-older/2c6226df-6b7b-4a3d-99d9-c608453d6b05
  7. Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10: Have very basic knowledge, though made this PC in 2010. Having failed twice to upgrade to Win10 through Media Creation Tool 21H, wherein I choose to upgrade the existing Win7 OS.and got failure message "......the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"Hence...
  8. Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10: I recently installed the Windows7 Spider Solitaire on my new laptop that has Windows10. It appears it installed correctly and I have played over 40 games. Problem is it is impossible to win any games at all. Very puzzling as I have played this game for years. Any advice?...
  9. how to convert windows7 word files to windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to convert windows7 word files to windows10: how to convert windows7 word files to windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-windows7-word-files-to-windows10/6e8e8e78-c79e-4e7e-835a-17a7ae0d0ae5
  10. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10: Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files . The steps i...