Windows 10: How to Downgrade Win 10 > 7 without affecting documents >30 days?

Discus and support How to Downgrade Win 10 > 7 without affecting documents >30 days? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm getting worse performance when gaming I think because of my switchable graphics, therefore I would like to know how to downgrade after the 30 day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zhongyuan, Oct 15, 2015.

1. zhongyuan Win User

How to Downgrade Win 10 > 7 without affecting documents >30 days?

I'm getting worse performance when gaming I think because of my switchable graphics, therefore I would like to know how to downgrade after the 30 day deadline.

Thanks *Dinesh !

:)

zhongyuan, Oct 15, 2015
  2. 911boss Win User

Can we try out Windows 10 WITHOUT OBLIGATION?

1. How do you set up a dual boot to keep Windows 7 and install Windows 10? Will all my installed programs, games, saved documents, & etc. be saved in both operating systems without affecting them?

2. If I do set up a dual boot to have both Windows 7 and Windows 10 installed to see if I like Windows 10 or not, how do I uninstall Win 10 without affecting Win 7 and everything there (programs, documents, & etc.)?

3. What is the minimum requirements to have both Win 7 and Win 10 installed on one PC and/0r laptop?

911boss, Oct 15, 2015
  3. AUSSIE45 Win User
    AUSSIE45, Oct 15, 2015
  4. How to Downgrade Win 10 > 7 without affecting documents >30 days?

Hi

"Windows 10" upgrade will usually move the old OS to "Windows.old" folder and when we choose the "Go back to previous OS" option, old OS will be restored from that folder. Windows 10 is supposed to remove that "Windows.old" folder after 30 days or as part of automatic maintenance. However i would first verify whether the option to roll-back is still there by following Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums.

Btw, have you tried updating the Nvidia/AMD driver to the latest release ?.

Anshad Edavana, Oct 15, 2015
  5. There is no "downgrade" -- in the sense that you can restore the former OS with everything else remaining intact. There is the Win 10 GoBack function, but that does not always work.

The only reliable way to go back is to have made an image backup prior to the upgrade and then restore using that.

Mark Phelps, Oct 15, 2015
  6. zhongyuan Win User
    First response!

The rollback option isn't there. I'n currently using modified third party drivers for my AMD graphics as using the official drivers makes my bootup have a black screen for 1 min+.

zhongyuan, Oct 15, 2015
  7. zhongyuan Win User
    What should I do then *Sad

zhongyuan, Oct 15, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Use Macrium Reflect Free to make an image of what you have now. Clean install Windows 7, reinstall all your programs, install Macrium Reflect Free on Windows 7, mount the Windows 10 image that you made ("explore" it), be sure to check the box for access to all folders. Pull your documents and other data from the image.

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  9. zhongyuan Win User
    How do I clean install windows 7?

Thank you!

zhongyuan, Oct 15, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    You need the Windows 7 product key, which you can probably get from your current installation by using showkey plus from this forum. You need a Windows 7 install USB or DVD. Boot from the Windows 7 Install USB or DVD and install it, entering your Windows 7 product key when asked for.

NavyLCDR, Oct 15, 2015
  11. zhongyuan Win User
    Very helpful, thanks Navy *Smile

zhongyuan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Downgrade Win 10 > 7 without affecting documents >30 days? - Similar Threads - Downgrade without affecting

2. how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days: how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10-without/0fbb04f1-6b6a-4d31-ba5d-5cf2a79e2abe
  3. how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days: how to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 without boot after 10 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-downgrade-windows-11-to-windows-10-without/0fbb04f1-6b6a-4d31-ba5d-5cf2a79e2abe
  4. Downgrade win 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade win 10 to 7: Hi, Is this possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 or I could use windows 10 license key for windows 7? Regards, majid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-10-to-7/fec229c4-dcd3-467b-bc45-b084340b9e7a"
  5. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7: Hello everyone! I am having a lot of trouble with this new refurbish computer I bought from Amazon. It has Win 10 installed through the seller, I didn't realized how hard it is to learn. All my games such as card games from multiple web sites can't be played on this computer....
  6. downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10: I have a laptop that came with Windows 7. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 a while back. I need to downgrade to Windows 7 for a period of time due to a software that doesn't work in 10. After I use the software I will need to upgrade back to 10. I can't find a...
  7. need to downgrade, over 30 days after upgrade, no back up of win 8

need to downgrade, over 30 days after upgrade, no back up of win 8: I have a toshiba Satellite c855d-s5100, which I bought a few years back and came with windows 8 loaded. I upgraded to win 8.1 (which I loved over all), and then recently upgraded to win 10. Well, I thought I had done my research before upgrading, but I must have had a...
  8. How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery: My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and continually started restarting. I fixed it, but after that I found my computer was 32 bit with a 64x bit processor, so I tried...
  9. Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7)

Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7): So I tried to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7. Aside from having an installation problem which I am now running 32 bit instead of 64 for whatever reason, I cannot go back to windows 7 because it said "The files we need to take you back to a previous version of Windows were...
  10. Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10: Hello Everyone, I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, i would like to downgrade back to Win 7, until All the Bugs are fixed in Win 10, My Win 10 is currently Activated, if i downgrade, and then upgrade at a later time, will my Win 10 Upgrade be Activated once i decide to upgrade...