Windows 10: How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now

Discus and support How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Redstone 5 is available for Windows Insiders and if you’re okay with some bugs, you can download and install the preview update right now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 4, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now

Windows 10 Redstone 5 is available for Windows Insiders and if you’re okay with some bugs, you can download and install the preview update right now.

You would need to join the Fast or Slow Ring of Windows Insider program to get updates. The Insider program allows developers and enthusiasts to get early access to upcoming features and improvements, but with bugs and glitches.

Windows 10 Redstone 5 update was only available to Fast Ring Insiders but starting this week, you can download it if you’re a Slow Ring Insider.

The Insider program includes three levels of rings – Fast, Slow, and Release Preview. The Fast Ring delivers preview builds of Windows 10 Redstone 5 more frequently than the Slow Ring.

What’s more important to note is that the builds for Fast Ring Insiders might experience more bugs and other issues than the Slow Ring.

Download and install Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview builds

Note: This is a friendly reminder that Windows 10 Redstone 5 builds are buggy and during an upgrade, things can always go wrong. We are not responsible for anything. It’s recommended to make a full backup of your PC before making significant changes to your computer.

If you want to be among the first people to get the Windows 10 Redstone 5 update, do the following:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & security -> Windows Insider program and click the Get started button.
    • Link your Microsoft account and hit the continue button.
    • On the “What kind of content would you like to receive?” page, use the drop-down menu, and select the Slow Ring option (You can also select Fast Ring but Slow Ring is recommended for fewer bugs than the Fast Ring).
    • Click the Confirm button and agree to the terms.
    • Click the Restart Now button.

In around 24-48 hours, the system will download and install the build 17692 (Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update) automatically on your device.

The post How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 4, 2018
  2. INSTG8R Win User
    INSTG8R, Jul 4, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jul 4, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to download Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview update right now - Similar Threads - download Redstone preview

2. Redstone 5 Reset option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  3. How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a month before installation of the update on production machines, downloading and installing the update early is great for test...
  4. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  5. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  7. New build confirms Redstone 5 update is Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    New build confirms Redstone 5 update is Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft is committed to Windows 10 update cycle with two different releases every year, in April and October. So the Redstone 5 update is likely to be finalized in September and it’ll be rolled out to the general public in early October. Obviously, the insiders already have...
  8. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...
  9. Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update: Microsoft is working on next big Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5 and as per the rumoured release schedule, Redstone 5 is expected to be finalized sometime in September and the public rollout would begin in October or later. Windows 10 Redstone 5 would be a big update...
  10. how to stop the download right now

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop the download right now: Hello, Since upgrade the window 10 could not be finished succesfuly, each time I connect to the internet, it unknowingly starts to download a big package of the upgrade and it refuses to be deleted. How can I stop the download except pulling the internet plug out, so I...