Windows 10: How to download with slow satellite connection

Discus and support How to download with slow satellite connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a slow satellite internet connection with limited bandwidth, 250 MB/day, though there is a free period 0200/0700. Since being able to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by javapoppa, Jul 5, 2016.

1. javapoppa Win User

How to download with slow satellite connection

We have a slow satellite internet connection with limited bandwidth, 250 MB/day, though there is a free period 0200/0700. Since being able to install Windows 10 from a CD seems to be out of the question it would be helpful to have the ability to pause the download and restart it for those of us with a poor, slow, wi-fi connection. Not everyone lives in urban areas with lightning fast connections. In any event 2735 MB is a huge file to be downloading.

:)

javapoppa, Jul 5, 2016

2. Downloading Windows 10 with satellite internet

I have only satellite internet. My computer is a desktop and therefore cannot be taken to some place where I can use DSL or another hardwired internet connection. I have had problems in the past downloading large programs such as this. The transmission
    is very slow and subject to breaks. Can anyone tell me how to deal with this in order to get Windows 10? (My hardware is all very new and I have Windows 8.1. It's only the download via satellite that is the problem.)

TooOldtoTech, Jul 5, 2016
  3. mrnotia Win User
    Viewing Nokia maps without satellite

Hi all,

Have downloaded Nokia maps how can I view the maps without connecting to satellite.

mrnotia, Jul 5, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

Yea, Windows 10 is too large to fit on a CD. You will need to install from DVD or USB stick. Find a friend who has a better internet connection, and have him mail it to you.

flybynite, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

1. How to download with slow satellite connection - Similar Threads - download slow satellite

2. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow downloads: Every single browser I use has slow downloads and I don't know why.I've used Chrome, Opera GX and Edge. UP until the 1gb mark of a download they run at around 6mb/s, when hitting a gb they drop to 700kb/s.All the browsers do the same.My download speed on other apps [i.e....
  3. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow downloads: I have a windows 10 gaming PC that is restricting all downloads to at most 2mbps both with Ethernet and Wi-Fi, my broadband gets 35mbps and no other tech has an issue, I’ve rebooted my router and changed Ethernet wires, updated drivers and done everything asked of me that I...
  4. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow downloads: I have a windows 10 gaming PC that is restricting all downloads to at most 2mbps both with Ethernet and Wi-Fi, my broadband gets 35mbps and no other tech has an issue, I’ve rebooted my router and changed Ethernet wires, updated drivers and done everything asked of me that I...
  5. Slow downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Ethernet connection very slow downloading

Ethernet connection very slow downloading: Hello, i have a brand new custom built pc,everything is running smooth but for some reason , everything i download has crazy peaks and doesnt go up 1mb stable, i have 600mbs of internet so it should be way faster and really stable,ive tried using other computers in my house...
  7. How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?: I have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, with 12gb memory, and 2T hard drive. I made the mistake of clicking on Check for Updates in Windows Update and it started downloading the 1903 version, which I didn't have a problem with until, it hogged my...
  8. Slow download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow download.: I currently have three devices that I can use to get on line with (Cell phone, laptop and my PC). I have cable service from Comcast and a Gateway modem and all this equipment is not more than 3 yrs old. Until recently my PC was always faster than the other devices when...
  9. Slow Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Downloads: My internet speed is very fast but dowloads are glacially slow. What can I do to speed the downloads up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-downloads/1103b00d-50c4-43aa-a6f2-911ff232f3ff
  10. Slow download speed High internet connection

Slow download speed High internet connection: Hi i don't know how is this possible but when i run internet test speed i have around 32.00 Mbps and upload is 32.59 Mbps but when i start download games from steam or uplay or origin download speed is only around 4 MB/s. I have reinstalled windows and updated drivers...