Windows 10: How to drag taskbar buttons independently of other buttons?

Discus and support How to drag taskbar buttons independently of other buttons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; . After last night's Win 10 update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I drag a button, all other buttons of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OldGrantonian, May 18, 2018.

1. How to drag taskbar buttons independently of other buttons?

After last night's Win 10 update, I now have version 1803.

This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I drag a button, all other buttons of the same program are now dragged so that they remain stuck together. For example, three Chrome buttons.

How can I "unstick" these buttons, so that I can drag them independently?

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, May 18, 2018
  2. marks1964 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Depth

Hi Bob,

It is the same as Windows 7:

• Point to the Taskbar and Right click on it and select
      Unlock the Taskbar

• Move the pointer (slowly) to where the Taskbar meet the Desktop and it will change to a double headed arrow (pointing up & down)

• Press & hold the Left mouse button and drag the Taskbar up OR down to suit and then let the button go when set as desired

• Finally, move the pointer back to the Taskbar and Right click
      on it again and select Lock the Taskbar

I hope this helps.

Mark

marks1964, May 20, 2018
  3. How do I add battery life icon to taskbar?

If there's a battery on the machine it will be listed in the action center listings just expand and drag and drop it to the taskbar.

ThrashZone, May 20, 2018
Thema:

How to drag taskbar buttons independently of other buttons?

1. How to drag taskbar buttons independently of other buttons? - Similar Threads - drag taskbar buttons

2. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  3. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  4. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  5. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  6. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons: I have a lot of applications pinned to my taskbar. I don't want to unpin all of them. When I was setting up my pc I accidentally changed the setting of my applications in my taskbar. Only the applications I had open were showing. I took it off so now all of them are showing...
  8. How to show date in the taskbar when using "taskbar small buttons"? (Without dragging the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show date in the taskbar when using "taskbar small buttons"? (Without dragging the...: this is a really simple issue: When small taskbar button is activated the date disappears from the taskbar. When I google this problem, I only find a reference to an App called T-Clock which hasn't been updated in 3 years and also doesnt work. Another "solution" is to unlock...
  9. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496
  10. Taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar buttons: Since the 1903 update, when I hover the cursor over a taskbar button I no longer get a thumbnail preview. How do I get the thumbnail back? Thank you 135496