Windows 10: How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

Discus and support How to edit url of live tile on start menu ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gem, Jul 29, 2015.

1. GEM
    gem Win User

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which works randomly until the url is once again truncated, and sometimes the page loads correctly but then stalls out with an error message referencing a long script.

I have not been able to find any way to edit the tile itself so I can see the url that has been saved there, nor can I find a way to pin urls from Chrome or Firefox to the start menu, so I am asking here. I know I can create shortcuts on the desktop from either of those browsers, just wondering how to add a live tile using them rather than Edge, if possible, or how to edit the live tile created from Edge, if possible.

If either of these issues has been answered somewhere, I apologise and please point me in the right direction, thanks.

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Can I create a live tile for a website in the Windows 10 Start Screen?

Found it!

How to Create Live Tile Groups in Windows 10 Start Menu

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ? [​IMG]

How to Create Live Tile Groups in Windows 10 Start Menu
    Windows 10s Start menu contains live tiles which is new to Windows 7 users. To help you with managing them, here's a look at arranging tiles into groups.

View on
    www.groovypost.com

Preview by Yahoo

Windows 10 Tip: Pin Websites from Edge Browser to Start Menu

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ? [​IMG]

Windows 10 Tip: Pin Websites from Edge Browser to Start ...
    Windows 10 has a new browser called Microsoft Edge. It's light, clean and much faster than Internet Explorer, and allows you to pin sites to the Start menu.

View on
    www.groovypost.com

Preview by Yahoo

I didn't have any feelings about the tiles one way or another, but I'm liking them more with this feature.

firstcoyote, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

1. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ? - Similar Threads - edit url live

2. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties: I regularly add Edge shortcuts to the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder, when they appear in All Apps I pin them to the start menu, however if the URL is too long the shortcut is in the folder but does not appear in All Apps, the shortcut URL works...
  3. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties: I regularly add Edge shortcuts to the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder, when they appear in All Apps I pin them to the start menu, however if the URL is too long the shortcut is in the folder but does not appear in All Apps, the shortcut URL works...
  4. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  6. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  7. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  8. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  9. How to make Store tile live again in Start menu

How to make Store tile live again in Start menu: I had a problem with Store app, fix it with changing languages and now, it works well. The only thing I can not figure out is how to make Store tile to be live again in Start menu. All other tiles work, changes frequently, the only one which is not changing is Store tile....
  10. How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?

How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?: Hello All, I have a simple little problem that I need help fixing. In my start menu in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 14393.82, my live tile for my photos is completely missing. I know it use to be there but I may have done something to delete it or maybe Microsoft has...