Windows 10: How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

Discus and support How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by battlezone, Jan 19, 2018.

1. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via Command Prompt?

EDIT: I found one solution: I logged into my Admin account and opened the Device Manager. There I found the external drive and I "uninstalled" it. Is that my best option?

:)

battlezone, Jan 19, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

cannot see external drive under my computer but can see it in the control panel

OK Karimali, your drive is formatted to HFS+

You have 2 options:

Plug the drive back into a Mac and copy the files onto a drive that has been formatted to Fat32 so your PC can see the files. Then once you have your files, convert the drive to NTFS so you can use it in a PC

Get an application that can convert the drive from HFS+ to NTFS without Data Loss on your PC

https://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/u...

DaveM121, Jan 19, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    HFS file system Hard-Drive not exploring in Windows 10.

If the HDD is not HFS+ (encrypted) then this should work for you

Control Panel - Device Manager

Uninstall Drive under Disk Drives

Uninstall HFS Formatted USB Device under USB Controllers

Restart PC

Upon Re-start, Windows should install correct Drivers

Alternatively, there is a free Tool HFSExplorer from
    HERE

DaveM121, Jan 19, 2018
  4. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

A friend told me that the "uninstall" option means rather "disable" than "eject."

I really need a method of ejecting my Mac-formatted drive from the pc.

battlezone, Jan 20, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Do you not get the 'safely remove hardware' icon on the taskbar then? That's the only way to eject an external HDD, even if it does show in File Explorer. Only drive classified as 'removable' (like USB sticks) can be ejected from 'This PC'.

If you don't get the 'eject' icon for this drive, then this tutorial offers another way to eject.

Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut in Windows 10

6. Thank you so much. I will use the information you gave me and report my results.

battlezone, Jan 20, 2018
  7. Update: I have found and turned on the Safely Remove Hardware feature in the taskbar and Navigation settings and pinned it to the taskbar. I can now safely eject any USB device. Thanks again!

battlezone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

1. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC - Similar Threads - eject HFS formatted

2. How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?: I have a flashdrive with a HFS+ partition on it. This partition is not visible in disk management or diskpart. However, it is listed in stellar data recovery but cannot be removed using that program. How should I go about removing the partition so it will be useable?...
  3. How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete HFS+ partition from USB drive?: I have a flashdrive with a HFS+ partition on it. This partition is not visible in disk management or diskpart. However, it is listed in stellar data recovery but cannot be removed using that program. How should I go about removing the partition so it will be useable?...
  4. CD drive wont read, format, or eject discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD drive wont read, format, or eject discs.: Hello,I wanted to read some CD's so i can dump them to a flash drive to use on my PS3 and i cant format or read them. When i do it it gives me an I/O error and wont eject, unless i use a unfolded paperclip to use the emergancy eject button.This happend after taking the...
  5. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  6. How to format a PC but keep one drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to format a PC but keep one drive.: Hi everyone. I have 3 drives. C,D and E drives. Now I have formated my PC 100 times but this time instead of stright up whiping everything I dont want to format the E drive just the other 2. Is there a way to do that without unplugging the hard drive itself? submitted by...
  7. Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted one of my drives to hfs+ and now windows 10 won't boot and stuck in bios: Asus laptop gl531g i7-9750H/BGA,hdd: 1tb ssh8g + 256g pcie, windows 10 64bit. I migrated my windows 10 to the d drive 1tb hd and formatted the c drive to hfs+ now windows 10 wont boot and is stuck in bios. Bios won't recognize any drives any not sure how to repair my...
  8. how eject external drive

how eject external drive: Where is "eject external drive" located and is it really necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-eject-external-drive/cbeb6cdd-5036-462a-b25f-7e4897b911c7
  9. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...
  10. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HFSExplorer eject drive