Windows 10: How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device

Discus and support How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Win10 (Dell Precision M4800) laptop, I have an annoying "drive" which appears in the quick access panel on the left of W-Explorer and as part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidOdden, Feb 12, 2018.

1. How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device

On my Win10 (Dell Precision M4800) laptop, I have an annoying "drive" which appears in the quick access panel on the left of W-Explorer and as part of the "Devices and drives" content of My PC. It corresponds to an Android cellphone which I once had, and tried to access via Bluetooth (it never made a reliable connection). The drive/device icon (no drive letter assigned) appeared right after I tried that, and has been there ever since. If I accidentally click it, it spends forever trying to do something. It has no right-click properties, I can't find it anywhere under Device Manager including under Bluetooth, Disk Drives, Portable devices or any other sensible thing. I've scanned for hardware changes to no avail. It does not show up as a device under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. There is no program that I could uninstall with a name suggesting the phone maker (as publisher or program name).

Is there a better way to find out what this thing "is" and maybe even get rid of it? Or do I just learn to live with it?

:)

DavidOdden, Feb 12, 2018

2. How can I eliminate the annoying floating little sign on Chinese input

Hello,

Thank you for replying.

Since the issue does not persists in safe mode I suggest you to do a clean boot and see which program is causing the issue.

Please refer the link below for clean booting steps:

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How can I eliminate the annoying floating little sign on Chinese input

Hi Karthicka_R,

Glad to hearing from you!

it will happen nothing when you hover the arrow on that symbol, and nothing happen on click, right click as well, cannot move it, just block your sight.

This issue was not always appear, just occasionally appear after switch to Chinese input, i guess this is a system bug?

BTW - it's fine and no problem on safe mode...

Thanks,

HK User

Weng Cheang, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device

You should see it listed in Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. You should be able to click on it and remove it there.

5. Sorry, should have mentioned that it does not show up in Settings / Devices / Bluetooth..., whether Bluetooth is turned on or off.

And a further nevermind, and thanks. Apparently if you toggle Bluetooth off and on a few times, it eventually shows up, and with a handful of remove requests, it's gone. Again, thanks.

DavidOdden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device

1. How to eliminate an annoying nonexistent device - Similar Threads - eliminate annoying nonexistent

2. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  3. Nonexistent Account/User?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Account/User?: In the Task Manager, a task name "Work or School Accounts" is running. I, however, have zero knowledge of making one.Either this is just an automatic Windows Process or it's just a bug/virus. I assume it automatically plays or is the results of my old account being renewed by...
  4. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  5. Windows 10 keeps automatically changing audio device to a nonexistent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps automatically changing audio device to a nonexistent: I am having an issue where Windows 10 keeps automatically changing my default audio device to a nonexistent audio device cutting all sound from my laptop, a HP Envy 17 j177nr. I frequently use a HDMI to VGA cable to use dual display with an Dell E2211Hc monitor for streaming...
  6. How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall nonexistent applications from a nonexistent drive?: So I upgraded my storage recently from a boot ssd and a 1TB hard drive to a 1TB m.2 drive. The issue is now that I can't uninstall any of the applications that were on the hard drive. I'll use gimp for example. If I click on the shortcut it says that the application doesn't...
  7. How to eliminate BOD, please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to eliminate BOD, please?: PC : Acer Aspire T3-715 OS : Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1909 What happened: 1. Changed my login passward (administator, local accoundt), restarted & logged in with the new password, the PC worked 4 hours, shut down at noon. Several hours later, started the PC and entered...
  8. Login screen nonexistent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login screen nonexistent: Hi, For the past few days whenever I start up my PC, it will show the time and lockscreen like usual. However, whenever I press the space bar, it just goes blank. No prompt to login, does not show the user, nothing. Ctrl alt delete also does nothing. At first it said I...
  9. Annoying issue with bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Annoying issue with bluetooth devices: Its been a week now im facing this **** issue with Bluetooth devices all because of the **** windows updates... I've been in touch with Microsoft from past 4 days without any help on this After wasting alot of time and performing numerous steps i decided to re-install...
  10. Device manager: nonexistent entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager: nonexistent entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers": Hello community, my device manager lacks the entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers" when I display hidden devices. I'm using Windows 10 1709. I'm trying to find "Beep" in order to activate the mainboard speaker. The speaker works when the system starts. Any clue? Thanks,...