Windows 10: how to enable accounts after Sysprep

Discus and support how to enable accounts after Sysprep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am not sure what i'm missing/doing wrong. i created my unattend file to add accounts after the PC's have been imaged however all my local accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rsingh7, Jan 4, 2016.

1. rsingh7 Win User

how to enable accounts after Sysprep

i am not sure what i'm missing/doing wrong. i created my unattend file to add accounts after the PC's have been imaged however all my local accounts are disabled and i cannot log in

any help is appreciated

here is my xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">

-<settings pass="oobeSystem">

-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core">

<InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>

<UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>

<UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback>

<UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>

</component>

-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup">

-<OOBE>

<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>

<NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>

<ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>

</OOBE>

-<UserAccounts>

-<LocalAccounts>

-<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">

-<Password>

<Value>ACGKFGBNFGBKDOIVNEOIFNWEFIOEW=</Value>

<PlainText>false</PlainText>

</Password>

<Description>Admin</Description>

<DisplayName>admin</DisplayName>

<Group>administrators</Group>

<Name>admin</Name>

</LocalAccount>

-<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">

-<Password>

<Value>DHGRUIEGRIUGHRUEIGHRUdfgjneriognrfeiobreinob=</Value>

</Password>

<Description>Image</Description>

<DisplayName>Image</DisplayName>

<Group>Image</Group>

<Name>Image</Name>

</LocalAccount>

</LocalAccounts>

-<DomainAccounts>

-<DomainAccountList wcm:action="add">

<Domain>mydomain.com</Domain>

</DomainAccountList>

</DomainAccounts>

</UserAccounts>

<TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>

-<AutoLogon>

-<Password>

<Value>fvjnefvbnfuioevbnVNFIOGNERFIVIFOEVBERF=</Value>

</Password>

<Domain>MYDOMAIN</Domain>

<Enabled>true</Enabled>

<LogonCount>3</LogonCount>

<Username>myusername</Username>

</AutoLogon>

</component>

</settings>

-<settings pass="specialize">

-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin">

-<Identification>

-<Credentials>

<Domain>mydomain.com</Domain>

<Password>mypassword</Password>

<Username>myusername</Username>

</Credentials>

<JoinDomain>mydomain.com</JoinDomain>

</Identification>

</component>

</settings>

<cpi*RedfacefflineImage xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" cpi:source="wim:c:/users/rsingh/desktop/install.wim#Windows 8.1 Enterprise"/>

</unattend>

:)

rsingh7, Jan 4, 2016
  2. David_HC Win User

sysprep broken on windows 10 build 10586

I ran into this issue as well others. I've tried quite a few posted solutions mostly focused on powershell commands and disabling updates, none of which have worked out. Fortunately I found my own method that seems to work, at least for me.

Regardless of what i've posted below, i'm still seeing random cases where sysprep w/ copyprofile = true in my custom unattend file kills the start menu and search. I build VM images so I can at least snapshots at various points of the update and customization
    processes, and revert to prior working snapshots. During the times it fails I'll generally see sysprep run its course but it won't take my shutdown command, instead it just reboots. I'll revert snapshot, reboot a few times and try again and generally works.

My Current Solution:

Short Version: Install OS w/ Nic disabled, create the local admin user like normal, enabled built in Administrator account, then restart. Login w/ the enabled Administrator, then enable nic/internet. Update windows and customize from that
    account and sysprep from it as well. Don't ever login w/ your created local admin account w/ internet access enabled.

Longer Version:

1. Downloaded Enterprise build 93758 (x64) MS site says it was compiled in Feb2016. (this might not matter but I was starting over so downloaded latest ISO I had access to). Current image I am building is updated to build #10586.318, version 1511

2. Installed Base OS w/ nic disabled (physical hardware could probably just disconnect network). This part might not matter as long as you don't login with a created account later w/ internet access

3. Create local user as normally done first time boot of the OS

4. Login w/ that local user, then enable the built in Administrator and set a password (I like to set a pass might not be needed) At this point still no internet access.

5. Shutdown then re-enable nic, plug back in etc. (I'm creating a VM so for me I shutdown and then enable the nic and power back on)

6. Login with built in Administrator (this account won't update windows store apps and will not even let you run the Windows Store.) You will see pending store applications on the start menu. At this point do not log in with your created local admin account
    at least not with internet access enabled.

7. Under Default Administrator account w/ nic enabled update windows as needed, setup and install applications as need. customize the OS as needed. All my customization is done from here, registry, group policy, windows update etc. I have not had any
    issues yet running Cumulative windows updates.

8. Remove registry points to the local account created and delete the profile folder. It's under (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Profilelist). I'm deleting the specific user not everything in Profilelist. This won't delete the user just
    profile folder reference. Sysprep will re-disable the Administrator account, so it's important to have some account available post sysprep, since i'm not deleting the account just the profile i'm ok. This part
    might not be needed, but I snapshot at given points of customization, then sysprep to make sure any new updates have not corrupted the progress. After Sysprep I login with the account I had created, windows re-creates the profile so I can then test and see
    that everything is in tact. After confirmation, I revert my snapshot back and continue forward customizing from the Administrator user.

9. With your customization complete, or at points of testing, Sysprep from the Administrator user. In my case I set copyprofile = true in my unattend file primarily to capture my custom Start Menu.

10. If you are not capturing the image your pretty much done at the above, otherwise follow your image Capture process. In my case I snapshot it after sysprep has run and shutdown properly, then boot back up and test with a new profile. Once I know it's
    good I revert the snapshot back, boot it back up and capture with Altiris.

Hopefully that makes sense and more importantly helps someone.

Keep in mind I don't particularly care if MS installs or updates store apps for users after i'm able to capture my customized image. Do I really want apps like Candy Crush pushed on my enterprise user accounts, NO, but picking my battles at the moment. If
    anyone has a solution to that piece (that works for all users) i'm open to suggestions.

UPDATE: So far post deployment i'm not seeing some of the newer Store Apps being pushed out automatically, specifically Candy Crush. I'm a little surprised having not altered any of the default update settings, store or system.

David_HC, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Saving Account Information before SYSPREP

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to save account information, prior to running SYSPREP?

I am dealing with an organization looking to upgrade to Windows 10 and I am troubleshooting in that environment and cannot seem to find a way to save accounts prior to performing an OOBE SYSPREP.

I have looked at Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK)'s User State Migration Tool (USMT), but it looks to be only used after SYSPREP and during the image capture process.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

ITinternccsnh, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

how to enable accounts after Sysprep

1. how to enable accounts after Sysprep - Similar Threads - enable accounts Sysprep

2. How to Use Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Use Sysprep?: I would like a guided information of how to use Sysprep to install drivers and change settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-sysprep/b62e8696-1941-4c36-9c89-096403493490
  3. How to Use Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Use Sysprep?: I would like a guided information of how to use Sysprep to install drivers and change settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-sysprep/b62e8696-1941-4c36-9c89-096403493490
  4. How to launch a background Windows user after Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to launch a background Windows user after Sysprep?: Hello ! I want to make Windows Images that can be clonable, so I'm currently using Sysprep with OOBE. Right now, I would like when the windows machine boot to launch a background user that will have an open session and dedicated tasks to do.I was previously using WinLogon but...
  5. How to launch a background Windows user after Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to launch a background Windows user after Sysprep?: Hello ! I want to make Windows Images that can be clonable, so I'm currently using Sysprep with OOBE. Right now, I would like when the windows machine boot to launch a background user that will have an open session and dedicated tasks to do.I was previously using WinLogon but...
  6. How to launch a background Windows user after Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Sysprep - Unable to use new account after sysprep: Hi everyone, I am an imaging/sysprep noob and would like some advice. I have been trying to create an image for a network that will use multiple accounts. I edit the Admin profile in audit mode and add everything I'll need and create the image through WinPE. After I push...
  8. Account issues when using Sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account issues when using Sysprep: So I've got a set of virtual machines i'm setting up, and I want to create a "base image" I can use to clone for each one. So, I created a new VM, installed Windows 10 Pro (unactivated), downloaded the latest updates, then ran Sysprep and told it to "Generalize" and shut...
  9. Problems with sign-in after sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with sign-in after sysprep: Hi, I used SysPrep a little while ago to reset my system for anticipation of a motherboard swap. So I ran sysprep and then installed new motherboard and when I rebooted for first time again Windows setup created a new user. So now I have two users the first of which...
  10. Office issue after sysprep

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office issue after sysprep: Hi everbody, I've deployed for my compagny Win10 with custom image on acer pcs. I've used sysprep for install programs and customize profil. Thanks Kari for this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...e-sysprep.html All is fine. But I have a new problem on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable administrator account after sysprep

2. enable administrator account after sysprep

3. How to Enable Local Administrator account during sysprep installation?