Windows 10: how to enable fingerprint sign in

Discus and support how to enable fingerprint sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, from a couple of days ive been facing this fingerprint problem few days back this sign in option worked properly but when I changed into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RohitSanjay, Jul 5, 2018.

1. how to enable fingerprint sign in

hi,

from a couple of days ive been facing this fingerprint problem

few days back this sign in option worked properly but when I changed into pin format the fingerprint option as well as setup is gone

:)

RohitSanjay, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Oct 25, 2018
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. how to enable fingerprint sign in

fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

how to enable fingerprint sign in

1. how to enable fingerprint sign in - Similar Threads - enable fingerprint sign

2. how to enable fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable fingerprint login: how to enable fingerprint login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-fingerprint-login/223d7683-bf05-4b6a-876e-69116517d0f8
  3. how to enable fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable fingerprint login: how to enable fingerprint login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-fingerprint-login/223d7683-bf05-4b6a-876e-69116517d0f8
  4. Fingerprint Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sign In: I have a Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2Trying to set up the Fingerprint Login.Keep getting this error message:Your device is having trouble recognizing you. Make sure your sensor is clean..My sensor is clean. My finger is clean.I also updated...
  5. Fingerprint Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sign In: I have a Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2Trying to set up the Fingerprint Login.Keep getting this error message:Your device is having trouble recognizing you. Make sure your sensor is clean..My sensor is clean. My finger is clean.I also updated...
  6. Fingerprint Sign In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint Sign-in

Fingerprint Sign-in: Hello, Does anyone know why my Acer laptop with Windows is now saying it cannot find my fingerprint scanner to sign in? It says it is now currently available but, I used this to sign in to my laptop and this only happened after I updated my Windows. Please help!...
  8. Fingerprint sign-in

Fingerprint sign-in: Hello!!! My fingerprint sign-in is no longer possible on a Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB. It was possible since I bought the laptop but now my system does not allow to sign-in with fingerprint because ""Windows hello" is no longer available on this device"... Can someone help?...
  9. How do I re-enable PIN + Fingerprint sign-in for domain PCs?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I re-enable PIN + Fingerprint sign-in for domain PCs?: A previous GPO tech set these to be disabled by default and I can't figure out how to re-enable. The options stay greyed out no matter what I try. I don't want to remove the settings to disable from the default policy so I have created an additional GPO for certain PCs to...
  10. Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello): So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint. Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint. I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in fingerprint enable