Windows 10: How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit?

Discus and support How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, we recently purchased a group of PCs with Windows 10 installed at our institution. We would like to configure the PCs to have a guest account and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by seiyafan, Jul 1, 2016.

1. seiyafan Win User

How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit?

Hi, we recently purchased a group of PCs with Windows 10 installed at our institution. We would like to configure the PCs to have a guest account and when a user logs off the account his or her files would be deleted (much like the guest account of a Mac), is there a way to do it?

If this is not possible, is there a way to configure the PCs so they are for public use? (such as limit access with files deletion upon logging off)

:)

seiyafan, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade issue: Lost user

Hello, all. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 and it deleted the Guest account. For some reason, my mother had been using it and all of her files are on the guest account. How can I retrieve them? Thank you.

CaptainSirsir, Jul 1, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Many libraries use DeepFreeze, however, I'm not sure if that will be something you want. Short of enabling Guest account on boot/startup and disabling Guest account on Restart or Shutdown -- I have no idea.

RolandJS, Jul 1, 2016
  5. seiyafan Win User
    Looks like this is a common issue not just with Win10 but the previous versions as well, if that's the case I will look into Ubuntu.

seiyafan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enable guest account with file delete upon exit? - Similar Threads - enable guest account

2. How to delete guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  3. How to delete guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  4. How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add microsoft account without deleted guest account?: I have a new laptop and want to add my microsoft account, but my guest account is finished set up and personalized. How to add microsoft account without delete guest account?...
  5. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  6. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  7. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  8. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  9. How to log in to the guest account?

How to log in to the guest account?: Hello: I have successfully activated the hidden guest account by using the net user /guest:active command from an elevated command prompt. However, the account does not appear at the bottom left of my login screen along with the other accounts on my system, so I am unable...
  10. How to remove Guest account?

How to remove Guest account?: A while back I updated to windows 10 from Win7. For the last while I have occasionally gotten an error on boot that says something like "The windows Host Services has stopped working" and when I close the error I get a black screen. If I cntrl-alt-del I can restart the...