Windows 10: How to Enable javascript for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 pro

Discus and support How to Enable javascript for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 pro in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have window 10 pro updated to the anniversary edition. I would like to use Microsoft Edge. The only problem is that the javascript is not enabled so... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Judasmyboy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. How to Enable javascript for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 pro

I have window 10 pro updated to the anniversary edition. I would like to use Microsoft Edge. The only problem is that the javascript is not enabled so most pages are not viewable. My system:
    Toshiba C640 Laptop with intel i5 2nd generation.

It initially had Win7 Pro which I updated to Win 10 pro and then recently to win 10 pro with anniversary update. Before the anniversary update I had the same problem since the end of December last year (2015). I was able to enable javascript by fixing the registry. This fix got overturned after the anniversary update. Unfortunately I have forgotten the regedit fix steps. The group policy route is not relevant since the allow script option is not visible under group policy.

:)

Judasmyboy, Aug 18, 2016

2. Enable JavaScript (or not) in Edge

I'm new to WindowsPhone 10, and Edge

Websites that had showed video in IE on my Windows8 phone now won't play in Edge. The website says I must enable JavaScript...I'm totally confused by everything I've read on this forum about enabling JavaScript in IE on a PC, or disabling JavaScript. Does
    Edge have JavaScript enabled by default or not, and how do I enable it ??

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10

RickThewlis, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    How to enable java script

Hi,

The process of enabling JavaScript in Windows 10 is dependent on the browser that you're using. If you're using Internet Explorer and Edge, please refer to the links below to know more about the steps in activating JavaScript:

Internet Explorer - The link also provides related articles for Google Chrome and Firefox.

Microsoft Edge - Refer to the post of
    Mary Sau.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

How to Enable javascript for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 pro

Hello and welcome,

Java, ActiveX, Silverlight, Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) and other plugins are not supported in Microsoft Edge. Most modern browsers are moving away from plugins and toward standard HTML5 controls and technologies.

Dropbox, Aug 18, 2016
  5. The query was for enabling scripts (or javascripts). Not Java and other plugins.

Judasmyboy, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Dropbox Win User
    Hi,

My bad. Sorry, but as fair I know, it isn't possibole.

Dropbox, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    I read , I think on SuperUser? that even with the registry change it is no longer possible in Edge you need to use FF or IE11

Kbird, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Dropbox Win User

That, not sure about source btw.

Dropbox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Enable javascript for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Enable javascript Microsoft

2. Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge: If I open up a new tab and it goes to the default Edge page, it shows at the top javascript is disabled and cookies are turned off red X on both in the address bar. I checked and they are all on. This started happening after an update. Going to Ksat.com shows a blank screen...
  3. Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge: If I open up a new tab and it goes to the default Edge page, it shows at the top javascript is disabled and cookies are turned off red X on both in the address bar. I checked and they are all on. This started happening after an update. Going to Ksat.com shows a blank screen...
  4. why javascript not enabled ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why javascript not enabled ?: javacript not enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-javascript-not-enabled/f803fdb5-0736-4228-849d-8383943760dc
  5. How Do I enable Javascript ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I enable Javascript ?: How do I enable javascript if it is already allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-javascript/35bc1abf-12e4-4916-9d6c-b3a8c2d14cff
  6. JavaScript not enabling???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JavaScript not enabling???: Hi all, for the last several months, I have been running Widow 10, version 2004, with Firefox as my browser. Lately I have not been able to open about 20% of my bookmarks. When I do, the following happens: 1 Screen comes up blank 2 Screen comes up with some login...
  7. How to enable JavaScript in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 HOME edition?

How to enable JavaScript in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 HOME edition?: According to a website I want to use, apparently JavaScript is not automatically enabled in Windows 10 Home for Microsoft Edge browser, installed in September 2019. And that website doesn't function properly. I've read the responses and advice, which do not appear to be...
  8. How to enable JavaScript?

How to enable JavaScript?: When I start my PC, I see that Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. Then the message appears: ‘This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked. To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the...
  9. How do I enable Javascript

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I enable Javascript: While trying to send scanned documents in an email, I get a message saying that JavaScript must be enabled. I can't seem to locate it on my control panel. This is the first time I've encountered this message....
  10. Enabling JavaScript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling JavaScript: Hi, I would like to enable JavaScript on my computer/Microsoft Edge browser/Google Chrome browser. How am I supposed to do it? What should I do if it is not possible to enable it? Thanks 23171

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable javascript microsoft edge

2. enable javascript windows 10 edge

3. enable javascript edge windows 10

4. how to enable javascript in microsoft edge,
  5. enable javascript edge,
  6. how to enable javascript on windows 10,
  7. enable javascript in edge windows 10,
  8. enable javascript windows 10,
  9. javascript for microsoft edge,
  10. how to enable javascript in windows 10 edge,
  11. enable javascript in microsoft edge,