Windows 10: How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

Discus and support How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K.Kong, Jul 13, 2018.

1. K.Kong Win User

How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA.

I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up?

Thanks.

:)

K.Kong, Jul 13, 2018

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Jul 13, 2018
  3. RDP authentication error

Hi,

When using RDP to access a server on the network, I get the following error:

An authentication error has occurred.

The function resuested is not supported.

Remote computer: 10.0.x.x

This could be due to CredSSp encryption oracle remediation.

For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660

How do I resolve this?

P.S.: I am accessing a Windows 2012 server from WIndows 10 PC.

Thanks

Mahomed

Mahomed Aboo, Jul 13, 2018
  4. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

1. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP? - Similar Threads - enable Network Level

2. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  3. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  4. How to enable Windows Media Player under RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Media Player under RDP: I am using a laptop where i insert a CD and it plays in Window Media Player also allowing me to rip my CDs for my devices this runs on Windows 10 pro.I enable RDP on this laptop.On my second computer Windows 11 which does not have a CD player, i RDP into the laptop and insert...
  5. How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to restart client-side RDP services for authentication: Hi,I frequently use RDP from my laptop to connect to servers.We use a Yubikey for authentication.The problem I keep experiencing, is when I put my laptop to sleep.1 If I leave the RDP session running, then frequently the whole RDP window locks up. I can kill the RDP process...
  6. Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?: I have a number of PCs which are joined on my AzureAD domain. I know that traditional wisdom is not to leave a remote desktop RDP port open to the wide web. Does this still hold true when network-level authentication is enabled? As far as I can tell, it's not possible to...
  7. disable remote connection requiring network level authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable remote connection requiring network level authentication: I have 3 computers on the same home network each running Win 10 pro. using any PC I can access the files of computer #1 and #2. When I try to access files from computer # 3 it prompts me to enter network level authentication NLA. When I enter NLA it says my user name or...
  8. Network Level Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Level Authentication Issue: Ok so here is my situation. I have 50 Windows 2012 R2 servers which I have permission to remote access. But when I try to initiate an RDP session to any of them I get the error: "The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not...
  9. RDP authentication error code 0x800706be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP authentication error code 0x800706be: Recently, I have been getting an "authentication error" while trying to use the Remote Desktop. Here's the full error message: An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0x800706be). Remote computer: MYREMOTESERVER Googling the error code (0x800706be) did not yield any...
  10. The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

in Windows 10 News
    The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication: [ATTACH] If you are unable to connect your Windows computer remotely and you receive a message The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, then this post may be able to help you. Users have reported receiving this error on domain-connected systems [...] This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp nla Network security: LAN Manager authentication level

2. enable network level authentication on windows 10