Windows 10: How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

Discus and support How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone In Windows 7 I used an aliased font for my taskbar, start menu and desktop icons, because the text looks crisp and clear. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ugcheleuce, Nov 26, 2015.

1. How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

Hello everyone

In Windows 7 I used an aliased font for my taskbar, start menu and desktop icons, because the text looks crisp and clear. Windows 10 makes the taskbar, start menu and desktop icons' text anti-aliased (fortunately the window titles are still aliased). How can I make Windows use aliased (i.e. non-blurry) text everywhere?

Thanks
    Samuel

:)

ugcheleuce, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Mousky Win User

System tray icons blur and darken until they disappear

In my case, I didn't have this problem with the Anniversary Update, but it has appeared with the Creators Update. I have three system tray icons that over a few days will eventually disappear. The same blurry icon appears in Settings > Personalization >Taskbar
    > Select which icons appear on the taskbar and in other locations within Settings.

Rebooting 'restores' the icons to their sharp/crisp image, but after the few days they just fade away.

My display is 1920 x 1080 with 125% scaling.

Windows 10 Home Edition

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.138

Mousky, Nov 26, 2015
  3. rRioo Win User
    Huge page, icons and font sizes appeared overlapping the screen

After the latest windows 10 update all the icons and fonts and pages became hug, ovelapping the screen. All the fixes found online didn't work. I right clicked on the screen and went to view and adjusted it but it didn't do much. It seems windows
    needs a new update to fix this problem. Please hurry. Every page I open is huge and I have to reduce it just to be able to see it. The desktop icons are still big and I cannot reduce them to what they were before. Even the quality of the print is not as
    crisp and sharp as before. The aps on the bottom taskbar are still huge and a little blurry, not sharp.The latest update messed everything up and I cannot get it back to how they were before. I have experienced many issues with windows 10 but this is probably
    the worst one for me. I really liked windows 7, I never had these many issues with it!!! Didn't this happen to many users, are there many complaints???

rRioo, Nov 26, 2015
  4. How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

Well, the problem seems to have sorted itself out. When I booted up today, my desktop icons' text was crisp and clear (not blurred).

ugcheleuce, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar

1. How to enable sharp, crisp fonts in icons and taskbar - Similar Threads - enable sharp crisp

2. Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 and am having issues with my task bar icons not showing up. There should normally be 4-5 icons on the taskbar for Chrome, my folders, etc. I went through the support community a couple months ago and did some of their suggestions, but it...
  3. Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 and am having issues with my task bar icons not showing up. There should normally be 4-5 icons on the taskbar for Chrome, my folders, etc. I went through the support community a couple months ago and did some of their suggestions, but it...
  4. Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to enable seconds on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable seconds on the taskbar?: I tried getting seconds to display on the taskbar going into my settings but the option doesnt appear. It works on another older PC but not the one I'm currently using....
  6. Why are sharp, perfect, and crisp screenshots on 2560x1440 resolutions not a possibility on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are sharp, perfect, and crisp screenshots on 2560x1440 resolutions not a possibility on...: I swear I have tried everything. Everything from: Ease of access tweaks, Registry tweaks, Making sure my scaling is properly set (no additional scaling to throw off resolution), Hardware settings on NVIDIA graphics card, everything. Still, screenshots in: Nimbus...
  7. more crisp resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    more crisp resolution: my computer res is bland how do I improve it (am I referring to the contrast? I just want a sharper picture) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-crisp-resolution/1637e6bf-1b22-48a8-9c9a-95ec90432de2
  8. Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged

Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803 I logged on this afternoon and suddenly found that my application icons and text on the desktop were enlarged. (The background wasn't). I checked the resolution and scale but these were unchanged - 1920x1080 & 100%....
  9. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts: So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed...
  10. Words and Fonts are not sharp.

in Windows 10 Support
    Words and Fonts are not sharp.: After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to crisp up your icons on desktop

2. windows 10 crisp fonts

3. how to make my icons sharp

4. windows font crisp,
  5. blurry font to the right of taskbar icons,
  6. sharp icon font