Windows 10: How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft appears to be focused on improving the desktop File Explorer but the software maker is quietly testing UWP File Explorer for Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

Microsoft appears to be focused on improving the desktop File Explorer but the software maker is quietly testing UWP File Explorer for Windows 10. The UWP File Explorer is still believed to be actively developed and it’s scheduled to launch with Windows Core OS.

UWP File Explorer is not directly available for users but there’s an easy way to enable the modern file manager on Windows 10. Without any further ado, here’s how you can install the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10.

How to access the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10

• Right-click the desktop and create a new shortcut.
    • In “Create shortcut” wizard, enter the following part in the location box:
    • explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App
    • Click Next and name the shortcut as UWP File Explorer.
    • Click finish to complete creation of new shortcut that basically gives you access to the modern file manager

You can now double-click the shortcut to launch the UWP File Explorer which has a modern look. You’ll notice that the file manager has a more mobile-friendly interface and it’s also touch-friendly thanks to the large folder icons and new toolbar located at the top-right corner.

How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 UWP-File-Explorer-interface.jpg

The UWP File Explorer lacks many features and it’s not even close to the likes of the desktop File Explorer but the company is working on major improvements and some new features were recently added with Redstone 5 update. It’s worth noting that Universal File explorer is not supposed to replace the current file manager in Windows 10 and it’ll arrive with the rumoured Windows Core OS.

The UWP version of the File Explorer is not ready just yet and the existing implementation is still a work in progress. Microsoft is still developing the file manager and it should be released next year with the company’s modular operating system.

Windows Core OS, the modular version of Windows 10 is reportedly arriving next year and it will power the dual-screen Andromeda mobile devices.

The modern file manager is already available on Windows 10 Mobile devices with similar look and features. It remains to be seen when Microsoft makes the new File Explorer available for everyone, but in the meantime, you can enable it on your device if you’re interested.

The post How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 :p

Frick, Aug 22, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. How to enable the UWP File Explorer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable UWP File

2. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer: Hi Everyone,Is enabling log file path possible? I have set LongPathsEnabled in the registry to 1 and also enabled it in Local Group Policy Editor Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem.The instructions in...
  3. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer: Hi Everyone,Is enabling log file path possible? I have set LongPathsEnabled in the registry to 1 and also enabled it in Local Group Policy Editor Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem.The instructions in...
  4. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. UWP Explorer Hidden in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Explorer Hidden in Windows 10: [ATTACH] So I was looking through screenshots of a windows phone and I noticed on thing: it had a UWP version of File Explorer. So I did a bit of digging and I found the version for windows 10 to do this create a shortcut and the shortcut location is: explorer...
  6. How to make Files UWP the main file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Files UWP the main file explorer?: Hi, I recently discovered Files "UWP" and I liked it so much that I would like to do the main explorer but I don't know how, if someone can tell me how to do it I would really appreciate it. submitted by /u/Pikxoh [link] [comments]...
  7. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  8. How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer is pretty responsive and carries a lot of features. It allows a ton of customizations either by changing Settings or changing the value of a Registry key or Group Policy modification. Today, we are going to [...] This post How to Enable or...
  9. UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes

in Windows 10 News
    UWP File Explorer in Windows 10 Redstone 5 comes with UI changes: A while ago, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a universal app version of File Explorer and it’s not supposed to replace the legacy File Explorer, at least for now. The new and modern File Explorer version is actually available on devices with Windows 10 Creators...
  10. Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create File Explorer UWP app Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a UWP File Explorer app Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 includes a new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) File Explorer app that is still an unfinished early version....