Windows 10: How to enable use of the touchpad while typing

Discus and support How to enable use of the touchpad while typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Dell Alienware m14x it seems that I can not find a way to disable the feature that enables a delay between the time you can click or move on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robby, Sep 1, 2015.

1. robby Win User

How to enable use of the touchpad while typing

On my Dell Alienware m14x it seems that I can not find a way to disable the feature that enables a delay between the time you can click or move on the touchpad to when you can press a key. Meaning, if I quickly stop typing and attempt to move my touchpad, I must wait a couple of seconds before my touchpad enables itself again. Very annoying. This feature was added to stop people from accidently pressing the pad while typing.

:)

robby, Sep 1, 2015

2. How to enable Touchpad while typing on Windows 10

Hello,

I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to upgrade all the latest drivers for touchpad and keyboard from the manufacturer website and verify the result.

Please refer the link below to update drivers:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

If the drivers are not available for windows 10, I would suggest you to update the drivers in compatibility mode from the above article by Andre Da Costa.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Dan274za Win User
    How to enable Touchpad while typing on Windows 10

I cannot use my Touchpad and the keyboard at the same time and this is really annoying me and makes it impossible to play games.

I tried changing the delay in Touchpad settings to always on, but nothing changed, and as i read on another same question, i'm supposed to change the Palm Tracking setting on minimum, it worked for many people except for me, the Palm Tracking setting is
    not available for me.

How to enable use of the touchpad while typing [​IMG]

As you can see i can't even press on it. What should i do?

Dan274za, Sep 1, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Touchpads are always enabled all of the time. If it is a Synaptics Touchpad, you can tweak the various settings.

bro67, Sep 1, 2015
  5. robby Win User
    My touchpad gets disabled when I am typing. After I stop pressing a keys, wait one moment, it activates again. I am trying to figure out some way to keep it active all the time even when keys are being pressed.

robby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enable use of the touchpad while typing - Similar Threads - enable touchpad while

2. How To Enable The Touchpad While Typing windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Enable The Touchpad While Typing windows 11: every time i want to play a game and i am using the keyboard i cant move my TouchPad and i dont know hoe to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-the-touchpad-while-typing-windows-11/879fd73d-55a7-4850-b7f0-6e313a20667b
  3. How To Enable The Touchpad While Typing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Enable The Touchpad While Typing windows 11: every time i want to play a game and i am using the keyboard i cant move my TouchPad and i dont know hoe to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-the-touchpad-while-typing-windows-11/879fd73d-55a7-4850-b7f0-6e313a20667b
  4. Want to enable touchpad while typing, Windows 10 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to enable touchpad while typing, Windows 10 2022: Whenever i type or use any keyboard keys my laptops touchpad automatically disables itself, this makes it impossible to play certain games. I've looked up this issue and all the solutions i have found are outdated and do not work with current windows versionsI am running...
  5. Want to enable touchpad while typing, Windows 10 2022

Want to enable touchpad while typing, Windows 10 2022: Whenever i type or use any keyboard keys my laptops touchpad automatically disables itself, this makes it impossible to play certain games. I've looked up this issue and all the solutions i have found are outdated and do not work with current windows versionsI am running...
  6. Want to enable touchpad while typing, Windows 10 2022

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to enable touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable touchpad while typing: Whenever I try to use my touchpad while typing/gaming, the mouse will either freeze and stick for varying durations, or the touchpad will work while typing for a few seconds then freeze and stick even when not typing for varying durations. My device is a new Dell Precision...
  8. How to enable touchpad while typing

How to enable touchpad while typing: Whenever I try to use my touchpad while typing/gaming, the mouse will either freeze and stick for varying durations, or the touchpad will work while typing for a few seconds then freeze and stick even when not typing for varying durations. My device is a new Dell Precision...
  9. CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING: I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14IIL05, came with Windows 10, and I am trying to get the trackpad to not turn off when typing. I am trying to game with this laptop and whenever I press the keyboard the trackpad turns off and becomes unresponsive and that is really...
  10. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard: As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-touchpad-while-typing-on-keyboard/4b8044ab-a5e0-412f-8da7-0ba9344749f2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow precision touchpad while typing

2. windows touchpad precision allow typing while using touchpad

3. Use the touchpad while tipping