Windows 10: How to Enable Verbose Boot with full list of Files Loaded at Startup?

Discus and support How to Enable Verbose Boot with full list of Files Loaded at Startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Trying to work out if it's possible to cause Windows 10 to display a full list of files loaded during system startup as the machine boots?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thelps, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Thelps Win User

How to Enable Verbose Boot with full list of Files Loaded at Startup?

Hi all,

Trying to work out if it's possible to cause Windows 10 to display a full list of files loaded during system startup as the machine boots?

What I mean is, similar to very old versions of Windows (3.1 and 95) where you'd get a full list of files, drivers, plugins etc. being loaded exactly as they were loaded during system startup.

Similar to what you see happening in this video:

Windows 7 verbose boot - YouTube

I tried the Verbose Boot option in msconfig. I also tried the Highly Detailed Messages option in GPEdit.msc and the Registry Key for Verbose Boot in Regedit.

All those do is cause a few messages to flash during login and system shutdown, and not in the form of a list, so it's difficult to see what's happening.

I already know how to create a .txt log file of the boot process.

Much thanks for your assistance.

:)

Thelps, Nov 6, 2016
  2. Brutherb Win User

verbose display of drivers being loaded on boot up

is there a way to view the drivers being loaded visually on the screen as windows 10 starts, i know you can enable boot logging and view a txt file but you used to be able to view them as they loaded on the screen. I have sorted out how to get the old
    f8 screen to be available, but now i would like to further see where my system is hanging up as it starts in safe mode but hangs in normal.

Brutherb, Nov 6, 2016
  3. d8e085fa-a459-41a6-b000-0804d1cc25f1, Nov 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Thelps Win User
    Yes, I selected to create a boot log. That's what I meant by the second last line of the post.

I was just hoping Windows 10 could output a list of drivers, .inf files, .bat files etc. as it loaded them similar to how older versions of Windows would boot up.

I always found this immensely helpful in troubleshooting of all varieties.

Thelps, Nov 9, 2016
  6. Thelps Win User
    Bumping this thread to see if I can get some helpful replies.

​Check the link in my initial post to get an idea of what I mean.

Thelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Enable Verbose Boot with full list of Files Loaded at Startup? - Similar Threads - Enable Verbose Boot

2. How to disable and enable startup programs

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable and enable startup programs: Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their...
  3. Files will not load when startup completes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files will not load when startup completes.: I have a dell inspiration 15 3000 series. When I startup my computer everything goes normal and computer starts as normal. When the screen to choose a profile pops up no profile appears, meaning I cannot choose a user or guest profile to use my computer. I tried the...
  4. enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    enabling verbose messages when starting and shutting down: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tro...tatus-messages I like seeing this. I had to use the registry method, did not see it in group policy editor, why is that? I have pro version 2OH2 168935
  5. No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10: Hi, Having just done the upgrade to Win10, I've been trying to customize it to my liking. I want to: 1. Change it to a no GUI boot. 2. Change it to verbose (OSinfo) boot. 3 Enable the F8 key during boot. As for number 1, I have tried everything I have found online and...
  6. How do I view verbose boot information?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I view verbose boot information?: On Windows 7 when I go into msconfig.exe and tick the "OS boot information" checkbox, Windows boots with a live list of the drivers as it loads, this doesn't seem to happen with Windows 10. I'm running Windows 10 1809. submitted by /u/Rob3512A [link] [comments]...
  7. how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

in Windows 10 Support
    how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items: Hello! often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created. But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe ) Is it possible to configure such programs, that they works a default? Thank you for tips 141535
  8. Taskbar items loading to full screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar items loading to full screen on startup: howdy, since win 10 anniversary update on loading to desktop my Xonar DGX Audio Center, Logitech gaming software are on screen, no matter what i do, even after uninstalling and cleaning leftovers from drive/registry then still on screen, also river tuner statistics server box...
  9. How to add things to the startup list

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add things to the startup list: I can't believe this, but I can't seem to find a way to add a program to the startup list. 76931
  10. How to enable full OSK?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable full OSK?: Hi everyone, On a surface pro 1 tablet, I'm having trouble locating where to enable the full onscreen keyboard. Has anyone managed to set this please? I.e. if I click the notification bar keyboard icon, then press the language key (I've tried FIN and ENG), there are 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. verbose keyboard on boot windows10