Windows 10: How to enter BIOS when Fast Start Up is activated

Discus and support How to enter BIOS when Fast Start Up is activated in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when fast start up is activated, I cannot enter the BIOS by tapping a designated key . If windows can be loaded, I may disable the fast start up, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by big10, Aug 19, 2015.

1. big10 Win User

How to enter BIOS when Fast Start Up is activated

when fast start up is activated, I cannot enter the BIOS by tapping a designated key .

If windows can be loaded, I may disable the fast start up, or simple click the Restart, then tap the designated key during next start up.

How do I enter the BIOS, when Windows cannot be loaded?

:)

big10, Aug 19, 2015

2. How to enter the Bios from start-up? Functional key dysfunctional Windows 10.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Office Community.

I completely understand your concern.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of your system?

Since the issue is related to BIOS settings, we do not support it.

I suggest you to contact technical support team of your system manufacture website online with model number for BIOS boot options and to update your system BIOS.

Disclaimers:

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps you, please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 19, 2015
  3. How to enter the Bios from start-up? Functional key dysfunctional Windows 10.

How do I enter the Bios from start-up. None Of the F keys seems to work

Original title: Bios Win10.

MichelleCastles, Aug 19, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Asrock, the maker of one of my motherboards, recommends clearing the CMS, also known as resetting the RTC (real time clock). That restores the default settings.

bobkn, Aug 20, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    • Save what you are doing
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
    • Click on the 'Restart now' button under 'Advanced Options'
    • The pc will now boot into Advanced Startup Options
    • Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings

Follow the instructions, although off the top-of-my-head, I think it simply asks you to restart (or something similar)

When you restart it will now automatically enter BIOS without the need for any keystrokes

You can now change your Fast Start Up Boot in bios settings

Edit: @OP You said 'fast start up' in bios when the option is 'Fast Boot'. Or did you mean the 'fast start up' option in Windows 10? You got me all confused for a moment. Please confirm

WhyMe, Aug 20, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi big10,
    You don't describe what happens when it fails to boot, but perhaps these will help you.

Boot to advanced startup (see option #4)

Get into Safe Mode to disable fast startup

Fast Startup - turn on or off

simrick, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Power down, unplug the power cord from the wall socket, if it's a laptop remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for say 10 seconds. Now plug it back in, boot up, and press you BIOS access key. Killing all power, and draining any residual, should take it out of the hybrid sleep mode its stuck in and do a cold startup.

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2015
  8. big10 Win User

Thank you for your answers.

alphanumeric's and bobkn's answers provide a general method to access BIOS when Windows cannot be loaded.

big10, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Faslane Win User
    Boot win 10 normally, go I to the update and security setting, hit restart now under advanced BUT HOLD LEFT SHIFT BUTTON DOWN U TIL IT SHOWS ANOTHER SCREEN. From there you can say boot to bios, from USB, from DVD etc etc . everyone has left out holding the left shift button down. you don't need to even pull the CMOS battery

Faslane, Aug 27, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Your laptop maker may offer a utility to boot to UEFI or change the boot drive. Thus, for example, my Asrock Extreme7+ offers this little gem:

How to enter BIOS when Fast Start Up is activated [​IMG]

Check your maker's download page for your laptop, or tell us what you've got and we'll help you find one.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 27, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Respectfully, you might want to read the OP's original question:

NavyLCDR, Aug 27, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    Respectfully you might want to read the date. If they haven't figured it out in 2 years then what value are you adding?

13. Winuser Win User

Post # 7 brought this post back to the top. *Smile

Winuser, Aug 28, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    Start the computer while pumping Delete.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to enter BIOS when Fast Start Up is activated - Similar Threads - enter BIOS Fast

2. How to enter the "true" BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enter the "true" BIOS: I have Samsung laptop, and i want to enter the BIOS but upon entering i get a crappy, limited BIOS ( and i want to access the actual BIOS. How do i skip, take out or just access the true BIOS? And by BIOS i mean the UEFI firmware settings path, that takes you the BIOS. 179698
  3. How to enter BIOS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enter BIOS?: So I need to modify few things on my computer and when I try to enter BIOS, it's not working. I am trying to press F2 or delete but still nada. I got this laptop few months ago so I was never really interested in checking it. So now I need help from y'all. Please comment if...
  4. Driver\Fast Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver\Fast Start Up: I recently have had problems starting my PC without a password or pin. I have done it for a very long time. I questioned the Community and was told to pose another question to help solve my problem: Driver\Fast Startup. If I untick the fast start-up, I can log on without...
  5. How to enter BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter BIOS settings: Hello! Recently I've tried multiple methods to enter my BIOS settings so I can enable Virtualization. But every method I've tried doesn't work. When I restart my PC at the bottom it says: "Press TAB to open Post BIOS settings" and when I press TAB I see multiple commands but...
  6. How to Enter BIOS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Enter BIOS?: How to Enter BIOS: Please refer to the following page to know the steps: Enter BIOS_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enter-bios/eb0e69de-342e-419f-9277-7692356750bd
  7. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  8. How to enter BIOS configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enter BIOS configuration: hi again *Party*Party My System Specs: available i cant find "UEFI FirmWare Settings" [img] 32381
  9. How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled: HI when I have fast start up checked windows hangs is there any thing I can do. I turn off fast start up and and it boots ok I am using a samsung ssd 850 pro any help would be much appreciated thanks 85561
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fast start active on bios