Windows 10: How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in

Discus and support How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop won't boot from my USB sticks. I have 2 bootable sticks, one created via the official Microsoft Media Creation tool, the other one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Op88, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Op88 Win User

How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in

My Windows 10 laptop won't boot from my USB sticks. I have 2 bootable sticks, one created via the official Microsoft Media Creation tool, the other one via Rufus. I tested both on another laptop and it was able to boot fine from them. I'm trying to trace back to what I did that could have screwed it up while I was trying to trouble shoot mind boggling installation issues and I've came to the conclusion that I screwed up by doing this (see below), and I'm wondering how to reverse it WITHOUT access to the Start menu or command prompt....I think i need to get out of System Audit Mode...I really didn't have much idea what I was doing, just trying to back track when everything went south so hopefully I could try to fix it...

• Run C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe
    • Change “System Cleanup Action” to “Enter System Audit Mode”
    • Click OK to reboot

A bit of back story if it helps:

I was trying to install Windows 10, it threw a Windows cannot complete this installation error.

So I googled for solutions and tried two typical solutions involving creating a user account in CMD, they didn't work so I googled further and

I ran into this article about messing with the System Audit Mode which I should never have. Because it made the problem worse, instead of just throwing an error that it couldn't complete installation, it goes right to the Welcome/Login screen, and when I try to log in it just gives the error "The specified domain either does not exist ". So I thought i should just forget about this whole Windows 10 thing and reinstall Windows 8.1 but then my laptop won't boot from them (Yes, I made sure they are booting from USB, not in safe mode, and the laptop does not have the option to change to/from legacy to UDFI(?) mode)

P.S the reason why I can't used CMD now after I have messed with the System Audit Mode is because I can't log in, Shift+F10 doesn't work anywhere, and the only other option via system repair is asking for the password for Defaultuser0 which doesn't exist...so I'm stuck in a loop.

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

2. OP88 Win User

How to exit System Audit Mode WITHOUT CMD or Logging in

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did the steps you mentioned, and it just ignores the USB stick and boots directly to windows. I even took out the option completely in the bios to boot from the default hard drive and just have it boot from USB, to which
    it just tells me to insert a media to boot from. It ignored my USB boot drive entirely. I'm going to order a external DVD drive as my laptop does not have a internal one, and try to boot from the official Windows 7 disc. Not sure if it will make a difference,
    but will update in a few days after my DVD drive comes in. Thank you.

3. OP88 Win User
    How to exit System Audit Mode WITHOUT CMD or Logging in

Thank you for your reply. My laptop starts up at the ASUS screen where I could enter the BIOS if needed-->Then a black screen with the windows logo and loading dots comes up-->Then it loads to a blue screen where it ask me which operating system to boot
    to...somehow both Volume 1 and Volume 2 have Windows 10 on them (not normal, thinking it was due to the unsuccessful Windows 10 install), within 3 secs if no action was taken it will pick the default Volume 1 and load to the Welcome login screen. If I try
    to login from that point, I'll receive the error "The specified domain either does not exist". I was not successful in trying to fix that problem as I do not have access to any of the troubleshooting tools such as command prompt as it asked me every time for
    the password to "Defaultuser0" in order for me to use the tool. Does the symptoms above indicate that audit mode was causing the problem? If so how do I exit audit mode using Sysprep as you have mentioned? I noticed no Sysprep dialog.

4. NavyLCDR New Member

How are you trying to boot from USB and what happens when you try it? The manual for the computer says it is the ESC key to use to get to the boot device menu when you first power on the computer.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Op88 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I turn on my laptop, it loads the gray Asus start up screen with the option to hit F2 to enter the Boot Menu. I first tried changing the boot order from the default to USB first, then save and reboot, but the laptop just boot to the botched Windows 10. So I restarted and went into Boot Menu again and just did a boot override and have it boot from USB, same result. I also saw a few suggestions online involving turning off quick boot, I looked everywhere and didn't see such setting.

Op88, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in - Similar Threads - exit System Audit

2. Trying to exit safe mode without logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to exit safe mode without logging in: Hi, I have placed my laptop Lenovo v-130, running Windows 10 into safe mode with networking to fix a separate issue with launching an application. However I did not realize that doing this would mean i was not able to log in with my pin, and for some reason the password I...
  3. Audit logs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audit logs: I have my various logs set via group policy. I would like to verify that I am actually getting the logs. If action has not happened. I would like to figure out how to generate that particular log setting. Ex: I want to generate Event ID 4727,2735,4737,4754,4758,and 4764....
  4. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  5. Exiting Safe Mode Without Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Exiting Safe Mode Without Password: Hello, My girlfriend was having issues with her laptop and while trying to fix it, she got stuck in safe mode. Unfortunately she does not know the password, nor does she have an installation disk or drive. We have tried accessing command prompt, restoring the system to an...
  6. Exiting kiosk mode only shows CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exiting kiosk mode only shows CMD: HI all, I'm currently doing some research and testing in Windows 10 kiosk mode. I have set up single app kiosk mode on a Windows 10 tablet using a package created in Windows Imaging and Configuration Manager. I've managed it to run the app fine but when leaving kiosk...
  7. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. how to exit safe mode without password

how to exit safe mode without password: Hello, I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the PIN that I have always used to login but the safe mode doesn't give the option to go back. I can't go to command prompt...
  9. How do i exit audit mode on my windows 10

How do i exit audit mode on my windows 10: I am having issues with updating to the new update for windows 10 due to the fact that i have to exit audit mode. I searched up how to do it but it seems as if all of the answers were from older windows versions. I would appreciate if i could get an up to date solution,...
  10. How do you leave audit mode without doing anything?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do you leave audit mode without doing anything?: Today, I was messing around and entered audit mode on my laptop. I could not find a way to leave it without doing oobe. Simply rebooting did not work as it automatically booted back to audit mode So does anybody know how to leave audit so yo can just go back to normal...