Windows 10: how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

Discus and support how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jan 18, 2018.

1. rocket777 Win User

how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you see a summary of how many events are in each group.

But to collapse all of them I have only found the tedious way by doing each individually, which involves a lot of scrolling and clicking. There must be a collapse all command, isn't there?

:)

rocket777, Jan 18, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

File explorer crashes/restarts with right click

Can you check the Event Viewer for the error:

Start > type event viewer then click on "Event Viewer Desktop app" > expand "Custom Views" > "Administrative Events"

Look through the "Administrative Events" for Application Errors involving explorer.exe

Double-click on each event for more details.

auggy, Jan 18, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    Explorer crashing when right clicking my flash drive.

Try here:

Start > type Event Viewer then click on "Event Viewer Desktop app" > expand "Custom Views" > "Administrative Events"

Look through the "Administrative Events" for Application Errors involving explorer.exe.

Double-click on each event for more details.

auggy, Jan 18, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might like to try an alternative- e.g. Fulleventlogview by Nirsofer (free).

You can search the whole log, organise it by any of the columns.

The list is flat, fully expanded.

dalchina, Jan 18, 2018
  5. rocket777 Win User
    Ahhh, Nirsoft, used them before. Nice program fulleventlogview. - Thanks!

rocket777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer - Similar Threads - expand collapse groups

2. in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name...: in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name column, make it work like win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-how-to-make-expanded-groups-show-as/5c36300a-5c45-4d11-aa86-2a992da4b605
  3. in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name...: in windows 11 how to make expanded groups show as one group for all entries in the name column, make it work like win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-how-to-make-expanded-groups-show-as/5c36300a-5c45-4d11-aa86-2a992da4b605
  4. How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  5. How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you expand or collapse folders in windows: Basically I want to do this on windows Expand All Folders in Apple Finder | Best Mac Tips. 166290
  6. Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?: Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-expand-allcollapse-all-button/c5999f7b-bb4a-4064-a450-89c43bdfff16"
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  8. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?: I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better see which one notebook I am currently working in? 74287
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to collapse expanded threads in.mail onphone