Windows 10: How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

Discus and support How to Expand the left side of Start (by default) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NewYears1978, Nov 4, 2016.

1. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter)

Thanks in advance.

:)

NewYears1978, Nov 4, 2016
  2. Darov M. Win User

How to add programs of choice to the left side of the start menu in Windows 10

Thank you for your response, Mr., Keene. Do you perhaps have an idea as to whether, or when this functionality will be implemented?

Darov M., Nov 4, 2016
  3. Darov M. Win User
    How to add programs of choice to the left side of the start menu in Windows 10

Interesting. I guess I'll follow your advice and look into the feedback app.

Again, thank you for your answer.

-D.

Darov M., Nov 4, 2016
  4. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

Not sure I know what your after but look in Settings > Personalization > Start

alphanumeric, Nov 4, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    I don't think you can, however the ability to hide the 'All Apps' list will be coming at some point, as it was something introduced in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942. Therefore I'd wait a bit for it to be released to the general public.

It's demonstrated at the beginning of this video:

[youtube]D6F0Ye44OeA[/youtube]

More importantly though, what happened on New Years Eve in 1978? *Smile

ARC1020, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Yeah that is what I was looking for, I ended up downloading classic shell app and it's awesome. Thanks for the video *Smile

As for the name - my birthday is 1-1-78 *Smile

NewYears1978, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    That could be good or bad. Mine is 12-18 and because of no kindergarten I frequently was the youngest in my classes as school usually commenced around Sept. 1. I was just over 5 and 1/2 when I started first grade.

Berton, Nov 4, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

I was just the opposite. Because my birthday is 10/15 they made me wait until I was almost six to start kindergarten.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

1. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default) - Similar Threads - Expand left side

2. How to move Windows 11 Start Menu to left side

in Windows 10 News
    How to move Windows 11 Start Menu to left side: [ATTACH]A new startup menu with a new taskbar interface has been launched with the latest Windows version. The default position of the taskbar on Windows 11 is at the center of the screen. Some of the users are enjoying this new change, but many face issues with working with...
  3. How to access left side of Start menu using keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to access left side of Start menu using keyboard?: Earlier today my mouse suddenly quit working. It's wireless, but the battery was fine, and apparently Windows just lost track of it it has a tendency to lose track of other USB devices quite regularly. I figured a restart would probably solve the problem, and I managed to...
  4. How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering

How to disable expanding left tab of start menu with mouse hovering: Hello, When I open the start menu in Windows 10, I can expand the left tab of start menu labeled as "Start" by hovering mouse pointer. How can I disable this? It annoys me. Best Regards Parsa Mohammadi...
  5. How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the left side back? There is nothing that I can expand whatsoever: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yotae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsisyp/how_do_i_get_the_left_side_back_there_is_nothing/
  6. How do i get the left pane in the start menu to be expanded by default? Right now i have to...

How do i get the left pane in the start menu to be expanded by default? Right now i have to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ilikememes164 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsdnyo/how_do_i_get_the_left_pane_in_the_start_menu_to/
  7. Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?

Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?: When using the fullscreen mode on the Start menu, the one that takes up the entire screen, the left-hand side of the layout which usually shows the App list, does not exist. Instead, that app list and the pinned apps are in a either-or relationship; only one is visible at a...
  8. Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?

Start Menu left margin icons - expanded?: Is there a way to customize the Windows 10 start menu to always expand the left margin icons? There are three lines at the top left corner that can expand the left margin outward, but it collapses afterwards. I'd prefer to get rid of the alphabetized scroll list altogether...
  9. How do you widen the left side of start menu?

How do you widen the left side of start menu?: Well with windows 10 and all of it's new and in a lot of cases annoying features is the new start menu layout where the important part of the start menu is thin as hell and the right side is unimportant. So how does one make the left side wider so it will list full names...
  10. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456