Windows 10: How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes

Discus and support How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have Windows 11 Home. My account is protected with a password.I would like Windows to do this: 1.- Have the screen turned off after 10-15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fernando Montero1, Nov 29, 2023.

1. How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes

HelloI have Windows 11 Home. My account is protected with a password.I would like Windows to do this: 1.- Have the screen turned off after 10-15 minutes no screen saver 2.- Have the PC locked require passwords again after 1-2 hours of inactivity, or when returning from sleep/hibernate/boot. 3.- Have the PC go to sleep/hibernate after 4 hours.Problem is that the lock option found at "Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options>If you have been away...." only allows to set the lock time require sign-in again up to 15 minutes.Is there any way to do this as requested? Is it possible to

:)

Fernando Montero1, Nov 29, 2023

2. Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Clipp Win User
    Screen time will not extend

Hello, I have a child as a family member. When she asks for more screen time no request is received by myself. When I try to extend or change screen time without the request, nothing changes. They are still locked out and I am unable to extend or remove
    screen time limits. This happens multiple times. It does not fix itself when I restart, reboot or sign out/sign in again on both computers (mine or a microsoft family account accessed form any device). This is really, frustrating. I have followed the suggestions
    from other forums and the suggestion on the family help page (reboot computer).

Thank you for your help.

Clipp, Nov 29, 2023
  4. sthalcyon Win User

How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes

N97 15 minute call limit?!?

The thing is that before I went to version 20, I have had conversations longer than 15 minutes without a problem. 20 is when this started happening. I just upgraded to 21, but not yet have the opportunity to have 15+ minute discussion. Maybe version
    21's listed enhancement of "Improved call reliability" addresses this bug? Grrrr!

sthalcyon, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes

1. How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes - Similar Threads - extend sign again

2. How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to extend the sign-in again time beyond 15 minutes: HelloI have Windows 11 Home. My account is protected with a password.I would like Windows to do this: 1.- Have the screen turned off after 10-15 minutes no screen saver 2.- Have the PC locked require passwords again after 1-2 hours of inactivity, or when returning from...
  3. HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES: HOW CAN I EXTEND THE DURATION OF PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES, PLEASE ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-personal-vault-beyond-20-minutes/9e3b1e90-947f-4ac7-b914-65a971790db4
  4. HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES

HOW TO EXTEND PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES: HOW CAN I EXTEND THE DURATION OF PERSONAL VAULT BEYOND 20 MINUTES, PLEASE ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-extend-personal-vault-beyond-20-minutes/9e3b1e90-947f-4ac7-b914-65a971790db4
  5. Extend the screens again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend the screens again?: Hello my MSI that is running Windows 10 That started acting funky on 10/01/22. My laptop notified me that my battery was at 10%, but I don’t unplug this laptop ever. I started to mess with my power options and that didn’t fix my issue. That’s when I tried to reboot my Pc to...
  6. Extend the screens again?

Extend the screens again?: Hello my MSI that is running Windows 10 That started acting funky on 10/01/22. My laptop notified me that my battery was at 10%, but I don’t unplug this laptop ever. I started to mess with my power options and that didn’t fix my issue. That’s when I tried to reboot my Pc to...
  7. Extend the screens again?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.: After a messed up 20H2 update, and reverting back to 1909, I found a way to extend the updates delay to beyond the 35 days, I have mine set now to 8/29/2025 so that it never updates until that date, which means I can control what updates are installed and when. Right now,...
  9. How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to extend MS updates delay to beyond 35 days.: After a messed up 20H2 update, and reverting back to 1909, I found a way to extend the updates delay to beyond the 35 days, I have mine set now to 8/29/2025 so that it never updates until that date, which means I can control what updates are installed and when. Right now,...
  10. Snipping tool extends beyond window

Snipping tool extends beyond window: When I select "Window Snip" on Snipping tool it includes a little of whatever is behind on the sides and bottom. Is this a new issue? I'm pretty sure it didn't do it in 8 but can't quite remember and don't have any older versions installed at the moment to check....