Windows 10: How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN

Discus and support How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Brother MFC-450DW "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax on my LAN. Is there any way to use Windows Fax and Scan to fax Word documents through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eksy61, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Eksy61 Win User

How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN

I have a Brother MFC-450DW "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax on my LAN.

Is there any way to use Windows Fax and Scan to fax Word documents through such an "all-in-one" machine?

When I try it, Windows Fax and Scan gives me only two options: A fax modem (which is not applicable) or a fax server (isn't that usually a full PC with a fax machine hanging off it?).

I also tried to open the document in Word and print to the Fax device. But that also gave me those same two options.

So is there any way to do it?

:)

Eksy61, Oct 4, 2016

2. No scanners were detected

I installed windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have a Dell v715w printer/scanner/fax that I have used in the past to print and scan. Since installing windows 10 I am able to print, but when I try to scan I get "No Scanners were Detected". I get this
    message when I launce the app Dell Printer Home or when I try to use Windows Fax and Scan. How to I get these apps to recognize the scanner in my V715 printer/scanner/fax?

LouisPadula, Oct 4, 2016
  3. scanner issue

I have a HP printer, copier, fax, scanner all in one printer. Everything works but the scanner. The message says "Make sure the feature is open. Open HP printer software. Select scanner actions. Then select Manage Scan to computer. How do I open HP
    printer software?

KathleenElverum, Oct 4, 2016
  4. How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN

Didn't the software come with the All in one? Normally, the manufacture (Brother) would of supplied software that will allow you FAX instead of using Windows. I would check to make sure you have the full feature software installed for your All in one device.

play2mefish, Oct 4, 2016
  5. Eksy61 Win User
    Yes, Brother has its own faxing software. But unlike Windows Fax and Scan, the Brother software apparently won't let you create and send a fax sheet with attachments.

That's a real limitation. It means that I have to take the fax message file (often in Word) and the attachment files (often PDF) and somehow combine them all into one document for faxing.

Eksy61, Oct 5, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    I use My Fax for all of my faxing. To scan and fax at the printer, I use the Brother iOS app and the My Fax app to grab the pdf and then send it off to be faxed.

bro67, Oct 5, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    The fax software is only if you have a modem that has fax capabilities. Otherwise you have to scan in and then use a service like My Fax to send the pdf.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN

1. How to fax via "all-in-one" printer/scanner/fax over LAN - Similar Threads - fax via printer

2. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  4. HP OfficeJet PRO 8600 All in One Printer Scanner Fax: shows Printer in ERROR State and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP OfficeJet PRO 8600 All in One Printer Scanner Fax: shows Printer in ERROR State and...: I have deleted the HP program from the control panel and reinstalled multiple times without success. The printer has solid wi-fi connection as does the computer but the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This all began with upgrade to Windows 11. If I power off an...
  5. HP OfficeJet PRO 8600 All in One Printer Scanner Fax: shows Printer in ERROR State and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP OfficeJet PRO 8600 All in One Printer Scanner Fax: shows Printer in ERROR State and...: I have deleted the HP program from the control panel and reinstalled multiple times without success. The printer has solid wi-fi connection as does the computer but the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This all began with upgrade to Windows 11. If I power off an...
  6. How to Restore Fax Printer Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Restore Fax Printer Queue: In the process of installing a new printer I accidentally removed the 'Fax' printer that I didn't mean to. How do I get this printer back? I looked in [Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off] and only found that the 'Microsoft...
  7. HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner

HP 4360 All In One Printer/Fax/Scanner: Every time there is a Windows Update, my printer stops working. The light is on "but nobody home" - does any one know how to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-4360-all-in-one-printerfaxscanner/2f414553-e622-42b0-8420-e33f09f90144
  8. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  9. at window 10 ,How connect Window Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ?

at window 10 ,How connect Window Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ?: at window 10 ,How connect Windows Fax and Scanner to Hp Printer ? window fax and scanner show up on my computer bottom desktop but, when I click it, pop up window showed up and "cannot run as it can not access your document folder. please, ensure that windows fax and...
  10. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax: windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mx-490-canon-printerscannerfax/518d4992-4961-4195-90fe-93754816a8b3