Windows 10: How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?

Discus and support How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to do this in Windows 7. Basically if my desktop photo doesn't fill the screen, there's a color that fills the rest of it. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blinky63, Sep 9, 2016.

1. blinky63 Win User

How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?

I used to be able to do this in Windows 7. Basically if my desktop photo doesn't fill the screen, there's a color that fills the rest of it. I can't see anywhere to change this color to just black. I can change the whole screen to grey, or have my image cover the entire desktop, but I'd like to just have an image in the middle, and the rest of the desktop black around it. Can anyone help? I apologize if this is an easy fix and I'm just missing it.

:)

blinky63, Sep 9, 2016

2. Why does Windows 10 keep showing the same few desktop wallpapers?

Hi,

I have hundreds of images (if not over a 1000) in my wallpaper folder for desktop background images (or wallpaper).

I set desktop background wallpaper as follows: Personalize > Background > Slideshow > "All Images" (image folder that I'm using which has hundreds if not over a thousand images in it) >10 Minutes > Shuffle > Fill.

Why is Windows 10 just showing a few of them over and over again.

I want to see all of the images, there are many beautiful images in this folder that I would like to see and I get stuck seeing just a few over and over again!

How can i change this? What can I do so that I will see more images on the desktop as wallpaper?

Please explain how I can change this?

Thank you,

John

John'z Place, Sep 9, 2016
  3. my own collection of animals as dektop background

How to make my own wallpaper as window 10 desktop background

Anniebob98, Sep 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do you make it black - or any solid colour? In Settings:

How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black? [​IMG]

And from these examples, this gives you a small picture in the middle:

dalchina, Sep 9, 2016
  5. blinky63 Win User
    Thank you. I see those settings and have tried them, but when I choose a picture for my desktop it just fills in whatever color I've already selected, none of which are black. See the images below.

blinky63, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    @blinky63:

Open Windows Paint, create a fresh canvas in your screen's native resolution (1-3), fill that with black (4-5), in an other instance of Paint, open an image that is smaller than your native resolution, (or resize it), copy and paste that into your black canvas (6), save to your Wallpaper folder.

Edwin, Sep 10, 2016
  7. blinky63 Win User
    Ok thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hidden somewhere. Thanks for your reply.

blinky63, Sep 10, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

I don't think you can choose a solid color background, then choose a picture background and expect the changes to stick; I could be wrong though.
    However, creating your own custom wallpapers makes it easy to switch them up quickly! *Smile

Welcome to the forums, btw! Enjoy! *Smile

Edwin, Sep 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    The bottom right colour in your screenshot 'Background Colours' is actually black- you can't see it 'cos the background is black. If you compare with mine you can see the black background square is ticked.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black? - Similar Threads - fill desktop wallpaper

2. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  3. Windows 10 background wallpaper turned black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 background wallpaper turned black: Hello, My Windows 10 background wallpaper turned black when I was running a code on my laptop. I restarted my machine, but it stayed black and did not return to the previous wallpaper. What is the reason? Does it mean that my files are damaged?...
  4. My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill: My lock screen changes to default by itself after I restart my laptop. A similar thing has started happening now with wallpaper also. Even after setting wallpaper to an image, it reverts back to black solid fill by itself. I cannot figure out what is the problem. Kindly help...
  5. Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.

Default Windows 10 Wallpaper is filled with dots with blue background.: I am facing this problem for sometime now. The default windows 10 wallpaper would suddenly be changed to blue with dots all around. I have attached a screenshot for elucidation. It would be fixed if I try to change the wallpaper. However, the wallpaper would again turn dotted...
  6. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...
  7. Background wallpaper

Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  8. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  9. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640