Windows 10: How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

Discus and support How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all brothers/sisters, Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Delphia4, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Delphia4 Win User

How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

Hello all brothers/sisters,

Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started reading articles from online. And found few good articles like How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Windows and Mac) | 192.168.1.1 Guru But I am bit confused only reading online articles can help me to find out router's IP address.

Please let me know if you have other option. Thanks!

:)

Delphia4, Aug 18, 2017
  2. alexlimco Win User

Nokia 5800 and Wifi Problem

First find a router that you have control over like a DLINK or something like that. Next configure your 5800 to connect to the router and check it's assigned IP address from the router. Leave it connected (do not close the browser yet)

Now, open a command window on your Windows PC and ping the IP address. After that 'arp -a' will show you the MAC address.

alexlimco, Aug 18, 2017
  3. Elrendhel Win User
    connection to wireless with WM 6 HTC TOUCH

Hello rajushank!

Your IP addresses should be fairly consistent, as Routers typically create a table that cross-references your MAC Address with your current IP address. Presuming you are not limiting your Router to an artificially small pool of available
    IP addresses (a good rule of thumb for a family/personal router is to have two more IP addresses than you think you will need), your Router should give out a different IP address to each additional MAC Address that applies for a DHCP IP Address Lease. It's
    also best to allow your Router to manage the IP addresses by setting the lease term to "0" for unmanaged (some routers will call this a 24-hour lease).

Elrendhel, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

You may need to be connected via Ethernet cable to the Router. Look in Finder, Applications, Utilities for the Terminal app. If you type ipconfig you will get some choices, in this respect Mac is not as easy as Windows. I only use my MacBook Pro with Wi-Fi so don't recall all of it.

Berton, Aug 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Your Mac as in a Apple Macbook? The router IP is what the mfg would have defaulted it to. Has zero to do with what brand of computer or what Operating System you are using. Not really that hard to figure out if you read the instructions for your Gateway or just do a search for brand and model.

bro67, Aug 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Actually they would only need to connect and then the Thunderbolt connection would connect them to the Gateway and all of the network info would be under Network Preferences, or just hold down the option key on the keyboard and click on the icon for the network adapter.

bro67, Aug 18, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    That would be nice IF my MacBook Pro had Thunderbolt on it.

Berton, Aug 18, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Most routers use one of four following:

Worth just entering those in turn in a browser to see if it connects.

Most routers have a URL you can enter as well, often on a label on bottom of router.

cereberus, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    If you can see network details its the dhcp server and default gateway

Samuria, Aug 18, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    It works the same way with Wireless. All Macbooks have Thunderbolt.

bro67, Aug 19, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Mine says I don't have it even though the app is there. Not a problem as I wouldn't need it anyway. But then mine is from mid-2010.

Berton, Aug 19, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    The 2010's were the last having Firewire in them if I recall, before Thunderbolt took over. It is a one port does all, since it can also be used for external monitors, etc..

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)! - Similar Threads - Find Router’s Address

2. How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.: How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC. I am using window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-ip-address-and-mac-address-of-my-pc/0d1396ba-b9a4-46b4-8361-b38262c6e0ef
  3. How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC.: How to check IP address and Mac address of my PC. I am using window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-ip-address-and-mac-address-of-my-pc/0d1396ba-b9a4-46b4-8361-b38262c6e0ef
  4. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  5. How to find the actual IP addresses.

How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  6. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. how to find mac addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to find mac addresses: I have win10 latest release and a Telstra router. I want to use 'parental control' and limit the access hours of some computers on our home LAN. But the software requires I supply the MAC address of the devices I want to control. But the router software does not display MAC...
  8. how to find mac addresses

in Windows 10 Support
    how to find mac addresses: I have win10 latest release and a Telstra router. I want to use 'parental control' and limit the access hours of some computers on our home LAN. But the software requires I supply the MAC address of the devices I want to control. But the router software does not display MAC...
  9. No mac address associated with ip address

No mac address associated with ip address: I got an error message while trying to open an app. It said No mac address associated with ip address error -8. What can fix this? I tried reinstalling the app several times, rebooting, etc. Nothing has worked so far. This app used to work fine then all of a sudden I got...
  10. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984