Windows 10: How to find and change my guest account?

Discus and support How to find and change my guest account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, while changing the settings on my admin account I lost my admin privileges. I managed to create a new admin account but the old account does not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimbabwe, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jimbabwe Win User

How to find and change my guest account?

So, while changing the settings on my admin account I lost my admin privileges. I managed to create a new admin account but the old account does not show up in user accounts. All my old files are there but I would like to get that account back if possible. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get the guest account back as an admin account?

:)

jimbabwe, Jan 16, 2016

2. Guest account windows 10

There is no Guest account in Windows 10! My guests cannot find documents they had saved in Windows 8. How did others find the Engineers instructions helpful? It does not work. Under User Accounts there is only the Change Account Type option!

EnochOmonya, Jan 16, 2016
  3. KimJ0630 Win User
    Guest account disappeared after windows 10 upgrade.

Can I do a system restore to an earlier date (before changing over to 10) to get my guest account back? Also, how would I find it in Windows 10? Thank you

KimJ0630, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

How to find and change my guest account?

1. How to find and change my guest account? - Similar Threads - find change guest

2. How do I find the start menu on the guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the start menu on the guest account?: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I finally got a guest account set up, but there is no taskbar or start menu, only a few icons on the desktop. I have to use the power button to sign out. I have googled for help but nothing works. Thanks!...
  3. How do I find the start menu on the guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the start menu on the guest account?: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I finally got a guest account set up, but there is no taskbar or start menu, only a few icons on the desktop. I have to use the power button to sign out. I have googled for help but nothing works. Thanks!...
  4. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  5. Changing guest account to administrator account

Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  6. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  7. Changing guest account to administrator account

8. How to delete guest account?

How to delete guest account?: Recently I decided to change my pc name, however it made a guest account with the name I wanted to pc to have I tried to delete it by user account but I can't.. anyone know what to do? I had lock screen disabled but now it shows up....
  9. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  10. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!: Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted...