Windows 10: How to find details behind "Do you want to allow the following ..."

Discus and support How to find details behind "Do you want to allow the following ..." in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purposefully have UAC set so that I sometimes get the "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your PC?" popup. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Jul 16, 2016.

1. How to find details behind "Do you want to allow the following ..."

I purposefully have UAC set so that I sometimes get the "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your PC?" popup. Is there any way to tell what requested change is prompting this popup? My response would depend on what's being changed.

I know I can get rid of the popup altogether, but that is absolutely not what I want to do. I want to know when a new program is trying to change things. If it is trying to change the directory, for example, I want to know what it wants to change. If it wants to save its own settings in the directory that's ok. If it wants to change other settings, that may not be ok.

:)

pokeefe0001, Jul 16, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 16, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

How to find details behind "Do you want to allow the following ..."

1. How to find details behind "Do you want to allow the following ..." - Similar Threads - find details behind

2. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?: How to prevent Google chrome from sending " Do you want to allow this app \ windows 10 I made Google chrome my default browser and located instead Edge Edge I never want and prevent it finally from installingIn the recent weeks or days, I noticed Google change its behavior...
  3. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?: How to prevent Google chrome from sending " Do you want to allow this app \ windows 10 I made Google chrome my default browser and located instead Edge Edge I never want and prevent it finally from installingIn the recent weeks or days, I noticed Google change its behavior...
  4. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not getting ''Yes'' option in "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting ''Yes'' option in "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes...: When ever I download anything or want to run any program or uninstall anything I do not get the ''yes'' option . Please give me the solution.Thanks.........
  6. Not getting ''Yes'' option in "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting ''Yes'' option in "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes...: When ever I download anything or want to run any program or uninstall anything I do not get the ''yes'' option . Please give me the solution.Thanks.........
  7. Not getting ''Yes'' option in "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Do you want to allow the following program to make changes?

Do you want to allow the following program to make changes?: I received the message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes?" It was an update, but I was not aware of the name on it and I said no. How do I go back and allow that to update, now?...
  9. Following CFU, Edge now does not allow you to do this......

in Browsers and Email
    Following CFU, Edge now does not allow you to do this......: One of the great 'features' I always appreciated with Edge was the fact that it allowed you to type a reply just like this (but not yet submit the reply), and then navigate away from the page... for example to another part of TenForums or even a different site come to that,...
  10. How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?

How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?: Thanks for the kind words Ed *Smile At some point I would like to do a TUT, in particular for installing and using AOMEI. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.