Windows 10: how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer

Discus and support how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to find out if a critical update from Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010-Critical Security Update for Microsoft Windows SMB Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vic6, May 11, 2017.

1. Vic6 Win User

how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer

I am trying to find out if a critical update from Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010-Critical Security Update for Microsoft Windows SMB Server (4013389) published March 14, 2017 version 1.0 was installed on my computer.

I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198). It is set to run update automatically but I have set it to delay the Creators Update (version 1703) because I'm on a limited data plan. As I understand it all security updates should still be installed automatically. I ran windows update this morning and it said my device is up to date.

However because of the ransomware attacks reported to be exploiting a vulnerability related to the update addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010-Critical Security Update for Microsoft Windows SMB Server (4013389) published March 14, 2017 version 1.0, I want to make sure this update is installed but I don't know how to find out if it is.

How can I determine if this, or other critical updates have been installed on my computer?

Thanks for any help you can offer

:)

2. How can I find out if my computer is compatible to Windows 10

This information is no longer applicable

mejlproblem, May 11, 2017
  3. How can I find out if my computer is compatible to Windows 10

I can't upgrade to windows 10 from my windows 7 DELL smart computer

JamesRosario, May 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi See Settings, Updates, Update History
    or
    Control Panel, Programs and Features, Installed Updates.

Cross check with the News section here about the update. In some cases updates were superceded.

However there is no reference to that update- which you mention is for Windows Server?

Further, most updates are cumulative, thus if you have the latest updates, that means you should have the content of all that went before. (And some are being repeated as certain data in them is updated).

dalchina, May 11, 2017
Thema:

1. how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer - Similar Threads - find certain updates

2. find out if I registered my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    find out if I registered my computer: Need to find out if I ever registered my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-out-if-i-registered-my-computer/10ae4959-d108-4e40-a81e-8bc1865007c8
  3. How to find out the location of a certain Microsoft Spotlight background

How to find out the location of a certain Microsoft Spotlight background: Good afternoon, I was wondering, if anyone here would know anything about finding out the location of a certain wallpaper, that refreshes time to time on the lock screen ; I read, that Microsoft Spotlight is some kind of system operation, which provides fresh backgrounds...
  4. How to find out all my computers on my home network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find out all my computers on my home network?: I have trouble finding out my two computers in my home network. I have a Desktop computer PHONGTRAN1and a laptop computer:31NO0JDU. The desktop is running Windows 10, version 1803, and the laptop is running Windows10 Version 1903. How to put two computers in the same...
  5. How to find out IP of remote computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find out IP of remote computer: I have a problem. I let my computer on at home for remote connection and now I'm trying to access it and it doesn't work. I assume that the IP address probably changed since it last did a remote connection. How do I find out the IP address of my remote computer if I don't...
  6. how to find out who is accessing my computer remotely

how to find out who is accessing my computer remotely: I think I'm being watched! How do I find out if someone is accessing my computer remotely? Please send me a link to a video that I can follow to check my computer out?!! Thank you for you assistance! BrinKingdom...
  7. How to find duplicate updates installed on the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to find duplicate updates installed on the computer: Screw your warnings about Microsoft community forum!! If you are giving warnings to be aware about your Forum, Then you need to put a stop to that forum now!! (I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL ABOUT SAFETY, AM I WRONG)????? What I need to know is from an actual Microsoft or Windows...
  8. how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?

how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer?: how do I find out which windows is installed in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10/0f3d978e-ecc0-468e-88e6-dd30d04d9e57
  9. How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Keep Updates Out of my Computer: I bought my laptop. I paid for it. It is mine. I paid $300 to have the new hard drive installed and it was working like a top before the updates started again. It is up to me alone to decide what gets downloaded into my machine. No one, and I mean NO ONE, has a right to...
  10. Video codec installed - how to find out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video codec installed - how to find out: I have a problem with playing videos for some video types, in Google Picasa, it works well in one system but not the other, despite, I think, I have installed all the correct and identical codecs in both. So I was wondering if I did install identical set of codecs. Is...