Windows 10: How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10

Discus and support How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] A SID or a Security Identifier is a unique code that helps in the identification of any user or group and computer accounts across Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 27, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Pyprohly Win User

Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

Some useful SID related functions for script use. Also demonstrates how to retrieve SID information from .NET instead of WMI.
    Code: function Get-SidFromName ($user) { (New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount($user)).Translate([System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier]).Value } function Get-NameFromSid ($sid) { (New-Object System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($sid)).Translate([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]).Value } function Get-CurrentUserSid { [System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().User.Value } function Get-UserSidFromWildcard ($sid) { ([ADSI]"WinNT://$env:COMPUTERNAME").Children | ?{$_.SchemaClassName -eq 'User'} | %{(New-Object Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($_.objectSid.Value, 0)).Value} | ?{$_ -like $sid} } function Get-GroupSidFromWildcard ($sid) { ([ADSI]"WinNT://$env:COMPUTERNAME").Children | ?{$_.SchemaClassName -eq 'Group'} | %{(New-Object Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($_.objectSid.Value, 0)).Value} | ?{$_ -like $sid} } function Get-ServiceSidFromWildcard ($sid) { ([ADSI]"WinNT://$env:COMPUTERNAME").Children | ?{$_.SchemaClassName -eq 'Service'} | %{(New-Object Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($_.objectSid.Value, 0)).Value} | ?{$_ -like $sid} } function Get-SidFromWildcard ($sid) { ([ADSI]"WinNT://$env:COMPUTERNAME").Children | ?{'Group', 'User' -contains $_.SchemaClassName} | %{(New-Object Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($_.objectSid.Value, 0)).Value} | ?{$_ -like $sid} }[/quote]

Pyprohly, Jul 27, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10 capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jul 27, 2018
  4. omidsolo Win User

Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

WMIC UserAccount Where Name='%Username%' Get SID
    -
    This works perfectly but it only works in Command Prompt and not in a .bat file.
    I also cannot assign it to a string variable since it's not just SID and is a multi line string.
    I'm not very comfortable with batch files so what's the shortest and easiest way to store it in a variable to use in a batch file? How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10 :)

omidsolo, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How to find Security Identifier (SID) of any User in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find Security Identifier

2. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?: Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on...
  3. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?: Hello,I just found out that i have a user name call S-1-5-21-357168193-1226460482-955065123-1001.i have never mad other user or deleted user before.i dont remember this user being here.or this is just normal thing for all the windows10 user.also exposing my user SID like on...
  4. What is this SID or user ? is this a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 11 domain users show as SID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  6. windows 11 domain users show as SID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 domain users show as SID: when i display administrators in Computer Management Groups, it shows the SID. I am having issues sharing folders as i get help?no issues with my windows 10 desktops; running windows 2016 servers, all patched....
  7. how to identify users on my network

how to identify users on my network: i contacted d-link booster company to help set up wifi extender and was phoned by a rep that said i had several foreign users on my network and they would clean my system for 199.99 /yr and keep it clean. If i have this in fact, how do i get rid of unauthorized users on my...
  8. "Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security

"Unknown Account" with SID in Windows Security: There are a lot of occurrences out there for the is problem on the web looking for a fix! Trying to remove these "Unknown Accounts" produces erroer codes, one of which, is telling us the removal needs to be done at the parent directory. Nothing I read had an effective way...
  9. Security Tab in Folder Properties: SID Shows Instead of User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Security Tab in Folder Properties: SID Shows Instead of User Name: Whenever I click the security tab in properties for my personal folders, my user name does not appear, only the security identifier does (S-1-5-XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX). Is there a way to fix this without creating a new user account? It is not that big of a...
  10. Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows: How to: Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows How to Find Security Identifier (SID) of User in Windows Sometimes, you need to know what the security identifier (SID) is for a specific user on the system. A SID is a string value of variable length that is...